This posting has expired and applications are no longer being received and this job does not show up on the main job list.
||Jan 20, 2022
Reporting to the Director of QA/RA, the Quality Engineer will be responsible for maintaining the Quality Management System, implementing and improving upon quality related processes, and providing quality oversight to functions within the quality system including: internal/external auditing, commissioning of new equipment, change control, vendor qualification, deviation reporting, risk management, annual product review and CAPAs. The Quality Engineer will ensure that all processes adhere to Good Production Practices. The extraction facility is located in Aylmer, Ontario.
Motif Labs is a licensed cannabis extraction facility located in SW Ontario. Motif operates as a business-to-business enterprise, offering toll processing and contract manufacturing services to Licensed Producers (LP's) and 3rd Party Brands. Motif is experiencing significant growth and we are seeking dynamic and professional individuals to join our team. Motif prides itself on Integrity, Collaboration and Quality, and these core values are at the center of everything we do.
- Ensure control, compliance, standardization, and overall integrity of Quality Systems
- Conduct internal/external audits, and follow through on issuance and completion of audit report
- Identify gaps both intra and inter-departmental and create systems/processes to ensure control, compliance, and customer satisfaction
- Facilitate commissioning and validation of new equipment
- Owning change management and change controls site-wide from a quality perspective
- Provide quality oversight for facility, equipment and document change controls
- Provide quality oversight of corrective / preventive actions and effectiveness checks to address true root cause
- Design and implement quality processes to address trends in quality events
- Utilize databases such as QMS, consumer complaints, and KPIs to optimize audits and strengthen continuous improvement opportunities
- Produce regular reports and summaries on applicable systems, ensuring all department leaders are contacted as necessary
- Responsible for oversight and control of non-conforming product - suspect lab results, processing issues, etc.
- Work as part of the Quality Assurance team promoting a quality culture within the company
- Ensure that all staff are adhering to facility SOPs and GPP at all times
- Other job duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree or College Diploma in science, engineering, or a related discipline
- Minimum 3 years of experience working in Quality Assurance in Cannabis, GMP environment, pharmaceutical and/or food and beverage industry
- Experience with Quality Systems: Change Control, Deviation, CAPA, Document Control
- Ability to prepare and present reports to management pertaining to non-conformances and investigations
- Ability to work in a dynamic environment and collaborate with a cross-functional project team
- Must have proven ability to lead, make decisions, facilitate change, manage conflict, and demonstrate strong interpersonal skills
- Highly organized with attention to detail for successfully satisfying diverse responsibilities
- Ability to read and correctly interpret documents such as safety rules, regulations, and specifications
- Must have the ability to communicate effectively with employees and management at all levels
HOW TO APPLY:
- Previous work experience with a Canadian Licensed Producer (LP)
- Knowledge of the Cannabis Act, GPP, and GMP
- Experience working in a HACCP environment
- Experience with C15 Quality Management System
- Regulatory Affairs and Quality Operations Certificate
- Previous Security Clearance from Health Canada
- Experience working in a high growth environment
- Startup experience
YOU MUST submit your resume and cover letter to Motif Labs careers page at: www.motiflabs.ca to be considered.
Please note you must be 19 years of age to both enter our website and work for our company. We thank all interested applicants but only those who have been selected for interview will be contacted.