Come Build Home with Us! We are Hiring a Manufacturing Engineer!
The Manufacturing Engineer ensures operators have everything required to complete their job while being safe and cost effective.
What You Will Do!
- Evaluates manufacturing processes through investigations of issues; applying knowledge of product design, fabrication, assembly, tooling, and materials; conferring with equipment vendors; soliciting observations from operators.
- Develops manufacturing processes by studying product requirements; researching, designing, modifying, and testing manufacturing methods and equipment
- Improves manufacturing efficiency by analyzing and planning work flow, space requirements, and equipment layout
- Designs testing methods; establishes standards; confirms manufacturing processes
- Provides manufacturing decision-making information by calculating production, labor, and material costs; reviewing production schedules; estimating future requirements
- Prepares product and process reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends
- Provides day to day support to operations through the Process Problem Solving System and Daily Management
- Keeps equipment operational by coordinating with maintenance; following manufacturer's instructions and established procedures; requesting special service
- Develop operator work instructions and assist in training.
- Support PPAP runs and submissions
- Drive long term problem solving through the implementation of CI (Glass House) projects
- Support requests from operations to improve lean manufacturing in areas
- Facilitate waste reduction initiatives as an SME in QCO, EP, Std Work, and PPS
- Assist in the creation of PFMEA, Control Plans, and other APQP / Stage Gate related tasks.
- Coordinate prototype and production runs through new program launches
- Support the Engineering Change System through analyzing and approving changes
- Cost and Design new tooling, assist in tooling life studies of new tools, and help maintain the Tooling management system
What You Will Bring!
- At least 5 years of manufacturing engineering experience in a lean manufacturing environment preferred
- Work related project management experience
- Proven track record to lead multi-functional teams
- Excellent presentation, written, and verbal communication skills
- Some PLC knowledge and programming an asset
- CAD and modelling experience required
- An engineering degree or diploma
What Is In It For You?
- Competitive salary
- Health and Drug Benefits from Day 1
- Optional Pension Program
- Employee Assistance Program
- Access to our Virtual Health Services Platform
- Employee Discount Program, Employee Store and Dell Discount Program
- Opportunities for community contributions and volunteering
- Fast paced work environment
- Opportunity to work in a growing company and industry!
Company: Masco Canada
Masco Canada (the “Company”) is an equal opportunity employer and we want to have the best available persons in every job. The Company makes employment decisions only based on merit. It is the Company’s policy to prohibit discrimination in any employment opportunity (including but not limited to recruitment, employment, promotion, salary increases, benefits, termination and all other terms and conditions of employment) based on race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, pregnancy, religious creed, national origin, ancestry, age, physical/mental disability, medical condition, marital/domestic partner status, military and veteran status, height, weight or any other such characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. The Company is committed to complying with all applicable laws providing equal employment opportunities. This commitment applies to all persons involved in the operations of the Company regardless of where the employee is located and prohibits unlawful discrimination by any employee of the Company.