Metal Forming Specialists (MFS)
Means Transform Products, London, Ontario, a division of Amsted Automotive Group, is looking for motivated individuals with a passion for learning and a strong desire to develop into a lifelong career as a Metal Forming Specialist.
No experience required. Full training provided. This 100% company paid program will provide you with the essential skills and abilities you’ll need to be successful.
Our program provides the specialist with a certified and unique educational experience to learn Means Transform Products metal forming processes, including:
- A company paid post-secondary education through Fanshawe College that was specifically developed for our metal forming process.
- Full paid wages while attending school.
- When not in school, you’ll be provided hands-on training in various departments including Tool Room, Press, CNC/Flow Form, Quality and Engineering.
- Upon successful completion of the program and final examination, candidates will be eligible for open positions including Tool & Die Maker.
WHAT YOU'LL ACCOMPLISH
- Operation, set up, repair, maintenance and construction of various die tooling and related equipment
- Safe operation and ability to organize and maintain all Tool Room equipment
- Maintain and interpret tool tracking data for dies, CNC lathes, and other equipment
- Ability to set up and collaboratively troubleshoot equipment, repair programs and tooling
- Read and Interpret blueprints
WHAT'S IN IT FOR YOU?
- Starting at $20.00 / hour + shift premium on off shifts
- Regular increases for each milestone achieved to the full rate of $34.00 / hour
- Fast track your career as a skilled tradesperson at Means Transform Products
- 8-hour shifts – paid lunch and breaks
- Overtime paid after 40 hours per week
- Employee Discounts with suppliers including GM and Ford
- Company paid uniform
- Reimbursement for Work Boot, Safety Glasses and form fitted hearing protection
WHAT YOU'LL NEED TO SUCCEED
- High school diploma or equivalent that will allow you to attend required college level courses
- Passion for mechanics and openness to learn
- Flexibility to support or be assigned to roles and responsibilities on any of the three shifts of operations
- Ability to work in a manufacturing environment including sitting, standing, lifting, bending, climbing and stooping
- Ability to maintain attendance standards that will allow meeting requirements of on-the-job and classroom training requirements
- Must be able to work independently with minimal supervision
- Reliable transportation needed
- Available for 7am to 3pm or 3pm to 11pm or 11pm to 7am straight shifts
WHAT ELSE YOU'LL NEED TO KNOW
- Excellent manual dexterity, ability to lift and carry up to 50 pounds
- Must be willing and able to work any shift as may be required
- Manufacturing environment working with machines, parts, and equipment
- Wear personal protective equipment as prescribed
Means Transform Products, London, Ontario, a division of Amsted Automotive Group, is an equal opportunity employer and will make accommodations available to applicants with disabilities upon request and throughout the entire recruitment process.
High School or better.