McCormick Canada continues its long track record of growth and is a respected leader in the spice, seasoning, flavouring and specialty food industry. Our consumer products division serves retail grocery customers and emerging channels with Club House, Billy Bee and McCormick products, while our Custom Flavour Solutions division serves food service distributors and other respected food manufacturers across Canada. McCormick Canada is part of the world leader in spice and seasonings, McCormick & Company Inc.
The Power of People is one of our five pillars. It has been the foundation for McCormick's success for decades. There is something inspiring about working at McCormick. We have created an unusually dedicated workforce by fostering a culture of respect, recognition, inclusion and collaboration based on the highest ethical values. Without our employees, our success is not possible. Our commitment to our customers, our consumers and our employees is unsurpassed.
The Canadian Operations team is looking for a Team Manager - Material Planning to join the team on a 12-month contract. Under the general direction of the Department Manager - Materials Management, the Team Manager - Material Planning provides leadership to the Material Planning team within a high-performance environment. The Team Manager oversees the daily management of the Material Planning function, is accountable for team performance and drives improvement activities through the development of people and processes. The goal of the Team Manager is to meet the needs of our customers while achieving the department's and plant's strategic objectives through a cross functional approach. This role is responsible for the planning of all raw materials including packaging to meet production demands across all McCormick Canada production facilities. The Team Manager will develop, maintain, analyze, and coordinate all inventory replenishment and purchasing of raw materials & packaging by working closely with our suppliers, internal teams including procurement, warehousing, supply planning, manufacturing and other departments.
The Team Manager - Material Planning must have a sound understanding of technical concepts and work experience achieved to supplement formal knowledge. This will enable the manager to help define standards, meet goals and objectives as well as continuously improve processes.
- TEAM MANAGEMENT: Leads the Material Planning team, across 2 facilities (Clarke Rd & Mississauga) within a high performing organization. Effectively coaches employees to meet organizational goals. Provides regular performance feedback and oversees development/training plans for individuals within the team.
- IMPROVEMENT ACTIVITIES: Utilizes problem solving tools and methodologies to implement and continually improve processes within the function. Member of the Supply Chain pillar team. Demonstrates a sense of urgency and tenacity to resolve problems and implement process improvements. Leads root cause analysis, develops and ensures all functional procedures and best practices are documented and continually improved. Interacts cross functionally to resolve issues/improve processes.
- MANAGE KEY RESULT AREAS: Directs and supports the daily management of the team to prioritize work and achieve goals. Ensures compliance to operational processes and procedures. Ensures that procedures and scorecards are in place for the team. Manages, reports and improves KPIs.
- COMMUNICATION: Communicates effectively up, down and across the organization. Creates a vision for the team that is in aligned with the goals and McCormick shared values. Communicates organizational and plant objectives including the attainment of established scorecard metrics and ensures that they are understood and linked to the team's work. Manages interactions with other areas to support total plant objectives. Manages materials escalation process.
- FUNCTIONAL GOALS: Executes specific projects and action plans (in addition to core work, above) in support of functional goals.
- TECHNICAL DUTIES SPECIFIC TO FUNCTION: Manages the technical aspects of the role. Participates in supplier collaboration activities across the facilities. Participates in innovation including; engineering changes, product line extensions / product launches to ensure timely transitions in materials and packaging (reducing obsolescence).
- Other duties as assigned
- University Degree required (Business, Supply Chain, Logistics, or Purchasing).
- SCMP and/ or APICS certification is preferred
- Sustained demonstrated leadership within a high performance team environment, developing and mentoring team members.
- Demonstrated knowledge of functional area, experience managing inventory, ensuring targets for inventory are attained.
- Management of projects through to successful completion
- Liaison with appropriate cross functional teams with respect to strategic/tactical purchasing, inventory control and material / supplier escalation.
- Implementation of supply chain processes, with continuous improvement always in mind.
- Analyze inventories to determine how to increase inventory turns, reduce waste, optimize customer service and ensure supplier delivery quantities are optimized
- Manage, report and improve Material Planning KPI's.
- Proficient use of SAP, reporting tools, MS Office (Excel - advanced user, PowerPoint etc.)
- Strong communication skills, technical proficiency, and ability to meet targets.
- Excellent leadership skills and the ability to work in a fast-paced environment in conjunction with various departments.
- Responsible for departmental hiring and performance reviews.
- Responsible for following and enforcing Health and Safety standards and policies.
Throughout the selection process, accommodations for applicants with disabilities are available upon request. Please notify H.R. if required.