The Cultivation Supervisor is responsible to lead a team of workers and coordinate resources to ensure they meet production targets and quality standards. The Cultivation Supervisor is responsible for their designated rooms. The Cultivation Supervisor is also responsible for the performance of specialized horticultural duties involved in the planning, preparation, oversight and maintenance of cannabis plant production. They will ensure adherence to applicable standard operating procedures of Entourage at all times. They will effectively manage the activities of Horticulture Technicians by organizing and completing the required tasks within specified timelines.
- Directly oversee the work performed by assigned seniors and technicians and address issues in real-time, using best judgment to escalate the issues as needed
- Responsible for overseeing, amalgamating and analyzing data in assigned and designated area
- Validate and ensure completion and accuracy of data to support the Cannabis Tracking and Licensing System. Accountable for the final sign-off of documentation.
- Manage respective departmental inventory and forecast inventory needs. Relay ordering information to Manager in a timely manner.
- Organize and perform inventory counts as required.
- Complete performance reviews of assigned Seniors and technicians and provide regular performance feedback to employees
- Manage employee timesheets, time off requests and arrange appropriate coverage as required to maintain production schedule
- Manage conflict resolution through proper coaching conversation, documentation and progressive discipline measures
- Be aware of room schedules, including IPM activities, and work with Managers, Supervisors and Senior technicians to allocate resources needed to meet production schedule
- Ensure all personnel perform their work in accordance with Entourage standards, policies and procedures
- Train employees to perform job-specific tasks
- Enforce and work in compliance with health and safety procedures and company policy at all times.
- Perform all work in a safe and professional manner, and lead by example.
- Complete incident reports in an accurate and timely manner. Escalate issues accordingly.
- Coordinate the daily activities of staff
- Utilize corrective actions to keep the project on time
- Actively contribute to and engage in the continuous improvement process in relation to increased productivity and quality
- Actively participate in the validation of current practices and procedures
- Provide technical guidance to personnel in the room
- Monitor and assess pest pressure and plant health and escalate issues accordingly. Actively provide recommendations to remediate any plant health issues that arise.
- Accountable for ensuring facilities in their rooms are functioning and work with facilities team to ensure maintenance is performed in a timely manner
- Supporting the entire cultivation process from clone to cure
- Participate in product quality assessment
- Other duties as assigned and assist in other departments as the business requires
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent.
- Experience in a horticulture/ manufacturing environment preferred
- Computer skills including Microsoft Office, ERP experience considered an asset
- Able to take and give direction and follow all company policies/procedures.
- Maintain a positive outlook and willingness to learn and contribute to company success.
- Ability to lead a team of individuals and address any areas of concern with respect to performance or processes
- Ability to stay focused and complete monotonous or routine tasks.
- Demonstrated communication skills
- Knowledge of Health and Safety best practices
- Strong leadership skills with ability to foster a healthy, productive work environment.
- Ability to lift up to 50lbs and to stand, walk and sit for extended periods of time
- Criminal record check
- Hot and humid greenhouse conditions.
- Overtime as required
- Weekends required
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision care
- Wellness program
- 10 hour shift
- Weekend availability