Want to build a stronger, more sustainable future and cultivate your career? Join Cargill's global team of 155,000 employees who are committed to safe, responsible and sustainable ways to nourish the world. This position is in Cargill’s protein and salt business, where we provide wholesome, high-quality food products to a wide range of customers, from foodservice operators and grocery stores to manufacturers and exporters.
Cargill's North America protein business produces fresh, frozen and cooked beef, turkey, pork, chicken and egg protein offerings, sauces, soups, case ready products, pet treats and by-products for our retail, foodservice and food ingredient customers.
Cargill Protein focuses on product quality, employee safety, food safety, animal wellbeing, environmental impact, improved sustainability and community engagement as it strives to nourish the world in a safe, responsible and sustainable way. Cargill Protein has a diverse 28,000-member team and operates approximately 60 protein primary and further processing facilities, distribution centers, feed mills, hatcheries, and an innovation center in the U.S. and Canada, in addition to maintaining international sales offices. Canada is home to 10 of these facilities and includes over 5500 stakeholders.
As a licensed millwright you are responsible for daily completion of production processes within a work area, operational department, operational support area, or technical domain. You need to ensure that areas of responsibilities meet BU/Plant standards for safety, quality, efficiency and financial performance.
Perform general maintenance work to install and maintain process equipment and structures, has a basic knowledge of and ability to complete welding, pipe fitting, pump work, machinery, heating and plumbing, etc. This work requires knowledge of various trade fundamentals sufficient to dealing with general repair work
Perform tasks by applying skills and knowledge of one or more products, processes, areas or machines. Have a thorough understanding of the process, work flow and works on assignments where judgment is required to resolve problems and make recommendations
Location: London, Ontario
Job Type: Full Time
Shift(s) Available: From 4:00 am to 12:30 pm
Hourly Pay Rate: $36.40
- Operate motorized vehicles with components used to move or lift products, equipment, or materials within and amongst destinations (warehouses, storage yards, plant factories, railroad stations, offices, etc.)
- Comply with corporate policies and procedures related to Environment, Health and Safety (EHS) and Food Safety, Quality and Regulatory (FSQR)
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Cargill requires that employees be a minimum of 18 years old.
- Must be legally entitled to work for Cargill in Canada.
- Ability to lift a minimum of 50 pounds.
- Must be able to work under special work conditions, such as extreme heat or cold.
- Must be able to read/write English.
- Ability to work overtime.
- Ability to work holidays, nights, weekends or different shifts.
- Possession of Millwright License.
- Able to perform physical job duties including bending/stooping, climbing ladders, open/close valves, shoveling, pounding with hammer and work in confined spaces.
- Able to work in elevated areas.
- Able to operate machinery and heavy equipment
- Forklift certified.
- Basic computer skills.
- Prior experience in production related work.
- Able to perform maintenance trades including electrical, machinist, welding, pipe fitting, and fabrication, rigging systems, gearbox and bearing, maintenance, lubrication, pumps and piping systems.
- Previous experience with MRO (Maintenance Repair Ops) and/or MRP (Material Requirement Planning).
- Self-starter with ability to work effectively and lead within a team environment.
- Basic knowledge of industrial safety, food safety and environmental regulations with absolute commitment to safety.
- Strong problem solving skills, good written and verbal communication skills.
- Knowledge of the Maintenance Reliability process (predictive and preventative maintenance) and Predictive Technologies.
- Experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Automation control, boiler and steam systems training and experience.
- Welding certification and/or other trade experience.
- Ability to read blueprints and layout drawings.
This Full Time position is located in London, Ontario; however please expect receiving calls from a 204 area code in case you are considered. Relocation assistance is not provided.
Cargill is an equal opportunity employer and committed to providing accommodation to our job applicants with disabilities.