Pharmaceutical Packaging Operator $18.65 per hour
Reporting to the Department Supervisor this position is responsible for various duties on the packaging line. Duties include material handling, set up, operation and sanitation of packaging line equipment in addition to performing quality checks and product inspection and testing.
Strathroy, Ontario is one of two sites located in Canada offering softgel development and manufacturing capabilities for the Pharmaceutical and Consumer Health industries. We have a broad range of integrated formulation, manufacturing, analytical and packaging services to offer full service turnkey solutions.
Be a part of a global drug development and delivery leader, and help others live better healthier lives!
Shifts: 8 hour Continental Shifts
Pay: Starts at $18.65 per hour
- Communicate with operator from previous shift - during shift change, regarding necessary facts and current events related to the daily operation
- Input’s data into the specified software, verify and prints the required labels/forms; Maintains the equipment used and keep the working areas clean and always organized
- Involved in a variety of packaging activities including bottling, cartoning and blistering.
- Completes in-process inspection e.g., visual verification of lot numbers or vacuum leak test, and notifies Area Supervisor and/or QA of any product that fails to meet specifications
- Transfers capsules onto packaging line and packages as per product documentation
- Assembles and labels shippers in accordance with product documentation
- Transfer packaged capsules onto skid for shipment, shrink wrap and stage for warehouse
- Responsible for equipment, room cleaning and documentation
- Completes MBPR, logbooks and verifies pack instructions as required
- Perform and complete Cleaning Logs for Area and equipment
- Participates in inspection audits and process investigations as required
- Other duties as assigned
- High School Diploma, GED or equivalent
- 2 years of experience in a manufacturing environment (cGMP or regulated work facility preferred)
- Knowledge of workplace safety and safe lifting and handling procedures
- Working knowledge of computers; Strong mechanical aptitude and analytical skills
- Process a high degree of attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to operate a variety of lifting devices
- Works cooperatively in teams, communicates clearly, and has effective listening skills
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, and communication skills (both verbal and written)
- Demonstrates trustworthiness by being honest, dependable, and reliable
Why you should join Catalent:
- Comprehensive Benefit Package (Health, Dental, Vision, & Life Insurance)
- Group Retirement Savings – Registered Pension Plan (RPP) with employer contributions
- Paid Time Off Programs incl. vacation, banked time & personal time
- Employee Reward & Recognition programs
- Opportunities for professional and personal development & growth incl. tuition reimbursements
Catalent offers rewarding opportunities to further your career! Join the global drug development and delivery leader and help us bring over 7,000 life-saving and life-enhancing products to patients around the world. Catalent is an exciting and growing international company where employees work directly with pharma, biopharma and consumer health companies of all sizes to advance new medicines from early development to clinical trials and to the market. Catalent produces more than 70 billion doses per year, and each one will be used by someone who is counting on us. Join us in making a difference.
Catalent is committed to the health and safety of its employees, visitors and the customers and patients we serve. As a result of the global pandemic, we have modified many of our recruitment and on-boarding processes to maintain everyone’s safety. The Human Resources teams will communicate all necessary safety processes and procedures throughout each stage.
personal initiative. dynamic pace. meaningful work.
Visit Catalent Careers to explore career opportunities.
Catalent is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate based on any characteristic protected by local law.
If you require reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process due to a disability, you may submit your request by sending an email, and confirming your request for an accommodation and include the job number, title and location to DisabilityAccommodations@catalent.com. This option is reserved for individuals who require accommodation due to a disability. Information received will be processed by a U.S. Catalent employee and then routed to a local recruiter who will provide assistance to ensure appropriate consideration in the application or hiring process.
Notice to Agency and Search Firm Representatives: Catalent Pharma Solutions (Catalent) is not accepting unsolicited resumes from agencies and/or search firms for this job posting. Resumes submitted to any Catalent employee by a third party agency and/or search firm without a valid written & signed search agreement, will become the sole property of Catalent. No fee will be paid if a candidate is hired for this position as a result of an unsolicited agency or search firm referral. Thank you.