JOB LOCATION: London, ON
COMPANY: Equals Brewing Company
REPORTING TO: Brewing and Blending Manager
POSTING TYPE: Permanent, Full-Time
Are you personable, hardworking, and ready to roll your sleeves up and make things happen?
Interested in learning more about the brewing industry and getting experience on multiple
state-of-the-art machines as you grow your professional experience? This might just be the role
At Equals Brewing we believe that craft brewing is about a lot more than what is being poured.
There is much more at stake than just the quality and taste of the beer. The alcoholic beverage industry is
changing drinking habits and the entire experience - from buying, to pairing, to consuming; it all begins
with the team.
Our mission is to earn the respect that these beverages deserve - for the industry, for our
partners, for their products, and for our services. We do this by partnering with passionate craft brewers to
improve their presence in the market. We combine handcrafted recipes with our state-of-the-art
processes, machines, and knowledge to produce consistent quality at scale.
Starting in 2018, Equals Brewing Company has become a premier choice for partner beer
brewing and contract production of cider, seltzer, and spirits-based ready-to-drink beverages.
Equals Brewing Company is seeking a recent graduate who is passionate about the alcoholic
beverage industry and brewing and ready to learn! This position reports directly to the Brewing and
Blending Manager and is responsible for performing day-to-day operations of the cellar and brewhouse.
This successful candidate will have the opportunity to learn the operation of our 4 vessels, semi-automatic
brewhouse and assist the team with its operation after training. This position also includes the solo or
team operation of our manual, 400L pilot brewhouse for recipe development in our rotating ‘Brewer
Series’ beers where creativity and unique flavors shine!
Starting in our Brewer I role, this position will start in cellar’s to be trained on everything! Our goal is to
cross-train the successful candidate on both brewing and cellars within the first year of employment.
Some key responsibilities will include:
- Manage day-to-day operations and planning in the Cellar
- Completing cleaning-in-place procedures on fermenters, brite tanks, process lines, and equipment. Ensuring safety and sanitation standards are being met
- Monitor all in-process brews and beverages to ensure they are ready for packaging and within customer specifications.
- Ensuring the strict adherence and support for the health and safety of self and coworkers
- Operate the brewhouse with a focus on consistency and quality. Maintain and monitor the products and timing throughout all stages of production
- Manage yeast (count, crop, repitching)
- Complete training to develop into a key sensory taster
- Work within specifications and recipes to dose, blend, and mix products.
- Supporting Kegging operations, as needed
- Other duties as required
- A recent graduate of a Brewing, Artisan Distilling, Food Science, Brewery Operation, Brewing Science, Chemistry, Microbiology, or equivalent education; preferred
- Passion for brewing; interested in learning more about it and gaining experience for a fulfilling career in the alcoholic beverage industry
- A team player, someone willing to step outside of their role to support the team as needed
- Strong mechanical knowledge and comprehension regarding beer and the brewing process
- Enjoys working with their hands and physical labour
- A strong problem solver and keen to identify deficiencies and suggest improvements
- Mathematical proficiency to understand the calculations for blending and dealcoholization
- Strong proficiency with prioritizing task and organizational skills
- Curiosity to learn more and develop skills, abilities, and knowledge
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
How to Apply
- Shift work required including day, night, and overnight shifts
- Able to work 8 and 12-hour shifts
- Overtime work during peak seasons of operation
- Lift items up to 25kg
- Working in a fast-paced, manufacturing environment
- Standing and moving for long periods of time
If interested please send your application; resume and cover letter to the address below prior to the
Please email HR@equalsbrewing.com to apply!
We thank all candidates for their interest however only those selected to proceed will be contacted.
The strength of Equals Brewing comes from our diverse team members. We are an equal opportunity
employer and encourage everyone with relevant qualifications to apply. In accordance with the
Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code,
accommodation will be provided to candidates with disabilities during the recruitment and selection
process. If you are invited to participate in the process and require accommodation, please let us know in