Nestlé Canada Ice Cream has an immediate opening for a Maintenance Electrician to join the Maintenance team at our state-of-the-art ice cream manufacturing plant, located in London, Ontario. This position involves shift rotation and weekend work.
You will have access to employee perks including:
- $41.00/hr (2024 rate is $42.23) + shift premiums (midnight shift $1.10/hour and afternoon shift $0.80/hour) – wage increases January 1st of each year as per the collective agreement
- Overtime paid at time and a half after 8 hours per day and/or 40 hours per week and double time on Sundays
- Annual tool allowance of $525; the company will top up the tax portion
- Company matched Pension contributions
- Comprehensive Health & Dental Benefits, including short-term and long-term disability, optical coverage, life insurance, and AD&D
- Bonus eligibility
- Corporate discounts
- Employee & Family Assistance Program (EFAP)
- Up to 50% off – Nespresso Coffee Machine, Capsules and accessories
- Access to the Company Store with employee pricing on Nestlé, Nespresso, and Purina products
- Additional discounts on a variety of products and services offered by our preferred vendors and partnerships
- FREE ice cream in the cafeteria available for you to eat during your break
A day in the life of...
- Follow all job-related guidelines and procedures for personal safety, food safety, environment and company security (including but not limited to lockout/tag out, use of P.P.E.’s, Hazard Analysis, chemical and product spills, recycling …) as required
- Follow all acts, regulations and codes related to facilities, equipment, environment protection, and Health and Safety at all times
- To trouble-shoot, maintain and repair all production, packaging, and ancillary equipment throughout the plant
- Other duties as assigned by management
What will make you successful
- Certified Licensed Electrician
- Experience in an industrial maintenance environment
- General electrical knowledge including relay control, transformers (HV/LV), and calibration / instrumentation
- Must exhibit accuracy, efficiency, effectiveness and initiative in the job
- Good interpersonal skills and the ability to work successfully in a team environment
- Strong Knowledge of Ontario Electrical Code
- Industrial troubleshooting experience
- Experience with HMI including PanelView and PanelView Plus
- Experience with PLC including Allan Bradley RS 500 and Allan Bradley RS 5000
- Total Performance Management (TPM) experience
Please note: Education Verification, Reference Checks and Criminal Background Checks will be administered on suitably qualified candidates.
If you believe you have the profile we are looking for and you want to make your mark in the World’s Largest Food and Beverage Company, we look forward to hearing from you!
Nestlé is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. Diversity and inclusion are incorporated in our everyday reality. We respect and encourage uniqueness and potential regardless of your race, gender, culture, sexual orientation, or disability.
If you are selected to participate in the recruitment process, please inform Human Resources of any accommodations you may require. Nestlé will work with you in an effort to ensure that you are able to fully participate in the process.
We thank you for your interest in this opportunity; however only those
individuals selected for an interview will be contacted.
We are Nestlé, the largest food and beverage company. We are 308,000 employees strong driven by the purpose of enhancing the quality of life and contributing to a healthier future. Our values are rooted in respect: respect for ourselves, respect for others, respect for diversity and respect for our future. With more than CHF 91.4 billion sales in 2018, we have an expansive presence with 413 factories in more than 85 countries. We believe our people are our most important asset, so we'll offer you a dynamic inclusive international working environment with many opportunities across different businesses, functions and geographies, working with diverse teams and cultures. Want to learn more? Visit us at www.nestle.com.