Cargill's North America protein business produces fresh, frozen and cooked beef, turkey, pork, chicken and egg protein offerings, sauces, soups, case ready products, pet treats and by-products for our retail, foodservice and food ingredient customers.
Cargill Protein focuses on product quality, employee safety, food safety, animal wellbeing, environmental impact, improved sustainability and community engagement as it strives to nourish the world in a safe, responsible and sustainable way. Cargill Protein has a diverse 28,000-member team and operates approximately 60 protein primary and further processing facilities, distribution centers, feed mills, hatcheries, and an innovation center in the U.S. and Canada, in addition to maintaining international sales offices. Canada is home to 10 of these facilities and includes over 5500 stakeholders.
Position Purpose & Summary
This position will treat/evaluate/assess employees personal and work related injuries and illnesses and determine medical direction and fit for duty to ensure quality medical care. Will also assist with occupational health related programs, ensure OSHA required record keeping compliance, and other various duties. This position will promote the health, safety and well-being of all staff working in London, Ontario, Canada.
• 40% - Evaluate/assess employee injuries and illnesses and determine medical direction to ensure quality medical care
• 25% - Maintain employee records to facilitate OSHA and Work comp record keeping according to established policies and procedures to ensure location compliance
• 15% - Be a liaison between health professionals, employee and other management personnel to facilitate communication while ensuring professional standards of Occupational Health are maintained and confidentiality of medical data is protected.
• 10% - Assist and own occupational health related compliance programs
• 5% - Administer all other responsibilities/duties as delegated/assigned to the nursing staff are completed on time and accurately
• 5% - Travel to up to other locations within 2 hour drive.
At minimum a weekly walk through in plant operations – primarily office work environment, fast pace environment with multiple demands at one time
• Must have RN certification
• Current Active license to practice professional nursing.
• CPR/First Aid/AED certification
• Knowledge of the Industry
• Very Team Oriented
• Candidate must be sensitive to the needs of a multicultural/multilingual environment
• Able to utilize established practice guidelines and procedures as directives to perform position accountabilities.
• Able to use independent thinking with nursing knowledge and legal limitations to make appropriate decisions and recommendations.
• Able to utilize established protocols and policies to make autonomous medical decisions.
• Able to prioritize and establish treatment plans and goals for employee care.
• Must be legally entitled to work for Cargill in Canada
• Background in Emergency, Orthopedics and surgery and /or case management preferred
• Occupational Health Working Knowledge
• Knowledge of OSHA and Worker Compensation
• Bilingual in Spanish is a plus but not required
• One or more years’ experience in Occupational Health Nursing and Workers Compensation role
This position is posted internally as well as externally