This posting has expired and applications are no longer being received and this job does not show up on the main job list.
IT Support Technologist
As a member of our IT team, you will be responsible for maximizing end user uptime and efficiency by anticipating and providing technical solutions. Create user confidence by being part of the go-to team that provides customer focused service
Technical Support Excellence
- Pro-actively create, maintain, and repair IT infrastructure systems and objects utilizing corporate policies and procedures to create security & productivity for the business
- Troubleshoot group policy object (GPO) issues and work with third party service providers to troubleshoot, maintain and repair mission critical systems
- Manage and maintain servers in the facility and provide technical support to users to resolve issues that arise with their IT/Compute infrastructure
- Publish key activities dashboard periodically to stakeholders
Network and Infrastructure
- Provide IT support and manage and maintain active directory management (including Azure active directory), UPS, Printers, Mobile device management and O365 tenant administration to provide a seamless and secure user environment
- Engage with TMG IT and or 3rd party support teams when required to achieve quick problem resolutions
- Provide IT support for networking infrastructure
- Maintain Security standards and procedures based on TMG policies.
- Asset tracking of HW and SW including licensing
- Research and recommend appropriate equipment and components to support business growth
- Create installation procedures for Tier 1 and Tier 2 support and software instructions for users as required.
- Create/Maintain/Modify IT operational policies that creates compliance and adherence and smooth business operations
Health and Safety
- Comply with relevant health and safety legislation, including the Workplace Safety and Insurance Act, the Occupational Health and Safety Act, etc.
- Degree or Diploma in Information Technology, Computer Science or a related field of study
- 3 years of technical experience
- People Skills
- Customer focus
- Able to communicate with all users (levels) verbally and in writing
- Information Skills
- Support users in a domain environment
- Equipment Skills/Experience
- Use/operate Departmental equipment
- Install, repair, troubleshoot Departmental equipment
- Design, create Departmental equipment
- Source, purchase Departmental equipment
- Departmental Equipment examples:
- Servers, Switches, Printers, Desktop and mobile computers, Smartphones, Audio/visual equipment, Specialty (lab, manufacturing) equipment
- Computer Applications Experience
- MS Office applications
- Windows Vista, 7, 8.1, 10
- Android and iPhone
- Network connectivity
- Proxy servers
- VPN connections
- Group Policy Objects (GPOs), Security Groups, NTFS Permissions
- Remote connection mediums
- Manufacturing environment
- PowerShell and Batch scripting
At an applicant’s request, TMI will make accommodation to its recruitment process to meet the needs of applicants with disabilities.
If you interested in this employment opportunity, please apply through LinkedIn
At the applicant's request, TMI will make accommodation to its recruitment process to meet the needs of applicants with disabilities.
Please send your résumé only once per position.
Résumés will be accepted throughout the process, but only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
TMI is an equal opportunity employer.
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest in joining our team.