Food Safety Quality and Regulatory Supervisor (2nd shift)
Job ID LON00832
Date posted 04/20/2021
Location : London, Canada
Want to?build a stronger, more sustainable future and cultivate your career? Join Cargill's global team of 160,000 employees who are committed to safe, responsible and sustainable ways to nourish the world. This position is in Cargill’s protein and salt business, where we provide wholesome, high-quality food products to a wide range of customers, from foodservice operators and grocery stores to manufacturers and exporters.
JOB PURPOSE AND IMPACT
Are you looking for a dynamic role in fast pace environment? We are looking for the Food Safety and Quality Assurance Supervisor who will lead a variety of food safety and quality assurance programs. You will supervise the audits and inspects processes that monitors food handling, storage, and service operations to assure compliance with current food safety and quality regulatory requirements. You will lead and review the work of a team of analysts or inspectors that identify and evaluate the quality of raw materials, in-process goods, procedures, and operations.
- Leads and maintains quality control systems and product/process verification systems, including sampling procedures and analytical tests to ensure all products produced meet food safety quality requirements.
- Provide overall leadership, development and talent management for direct reports, which may include forecasting resource needs, recruiting, hiring, performance management, training and budgeting.
- Review regulatory environment and develop response protocols in preparation for new or amended food safety legislation.
- Investigate food safety processes to ensure compliance and report noncompliance to management and governing bodies along with developing and implementing corrective action plans.
- Evaluate vendors or suppliers for compliance with internal standards and external regulations and suggests changes with the goal of improving processes or products.
- Responsible for personnel decisions related to hiring, performance and disciplinary actions for your direct reports. You will also spend time completing the same tasks as employees on your team.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field (science, chemistry, microbiology, quality assurance) or equivalent experience
- Minimum one year of directly related work experience
- Advanced computer skills (e.g., Microsoft Office Suite)
- Experience in a food manufacturing environment (plant operations food/feed)
- Must be legally entitled to work for Cargill in Canada
- Problem solving and analytical skills with experience in Root Cause Analysis and performing risks assessments
- One year of supervisory experience
- Experience in quality assurance, food safety, food manufacturing, auditing, regulatory or related field
- Previous project management experience
- Practical knowledge of plant manufacturing processes and operations.
This position is posted internally as well as externally