CAD Technical Librarian
At General Dynamics Land Systems we put our Customers at the centre of everything we do. Our commitment to protect and enable the people who serve drives us to develop products and systems that give them a clear advantage for mission success. We are looking for passionate individuals to help us deliver innovative, unique solutions to our Customers.
Support the Design Services and Design Engineering Teams with the following tasks:
- Create, release, and maintain 3D CAD models for commercial parts, Government Furnished Equipment/Material, and industry-standard parts using sketch-based construction techniques capable of producing extensive part families
- Collaborate with various Engineering, Supply Chain and vendor SMEs to introduce new higher-performing hardware families into the GDLS-C LAV product line
- Manage library part requests and reduce part proliferation by providing selection guidance and part search support to Engineering staff
- Prepare consistent Vendor Item, Source Control, and Envelope drawings and models in accordance with ASME and GDLS-C standards
- Administer and populate the Teamcenter Classification part cataloging database
- Develop Teamcenter Standard Notes objects and manage them using a Teamcenter Classification notes catalog
- Coordinate with GDLS Library colleagues to maintain alignment of library standards and processes
- Work collaboratively with Engineering Electrical CAD (ECAD) Librarians to coordinate the creation of appropriately “qualified” Mechanical CAD items capable of supporting NX Routing functionality
- Incorporate engineering change requests into existing Technical Data Package
- College Diploma or University Degree in an Engineering technical discipline
- Minimum 3-5 years’ experience using Siemens NX CAD design software and Siemens Teamcenter Product Lifecycle Management software
- 3-5 years’ experience in a mechanical design discipline
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Able to work effectively with others with minimal supervision
- Proven ability to work independently, meet deadlines, and adapt to changing business needs
- Sound working knowledge of Microsoft applications including Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- PTC Creo CAD software knowledge
- Experience with Teamcenter Multi-Site functionality
General Dynamics Land Systems – Canada is an employment equity employer who values diversity and inclusion. We are committed to providing accommodations for persons with disabilities. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.
It is a requirement that General Dynamics Land Systems - Canada be registered with the Canadian Controlled Goods Program and that all of its workforce be security assessed. As such, successful applicants must meet all applicable security requirements, including, but not limited to, the ability to obtain and maintain a Canadian government security clearance to secret level.