ABOUT THE ROLE
Amsted Automotive, TransForm Canada, is looking for a Die Setter to be responsible for setting up stamping tools, installing and maintaining transfer fingers, and helping troubleshoot issues with the equipment to ensure parts are produced safely, within specification at expected production levels. The Die Setter will also perform any necessary die adjustments at set ups and check accuracy during production.
This is an opportunity to join a unique company with several large tonnage presses. These presses utilize rare roller die technology to build advanced and complex automotive transmission components. Transform Products, a division of Amsted Automotive is one of just two companies in Canada that employ this technology so this is an excellent chance to work within a team environment, and further develop your skills.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Complete Bolster set ups for 1000Ton to 2000Ton presses.
- Ensure that all dies are pre-staged at the press and that all dies are set properly according to the Set Up / Press Pull Sheet.
- Shut down all jobs at the end of the run and return the dies to the proper storage location.
- Participate in shift changeover communications, maintenance of records and daily reporting as required.
- Support Tooling and Press Shop team with changeovers.
- Responsible for the safe operation of crane and lift truck.
- Responsible to participate in team activities and perform duties safely in manner that reflects sense of “urgency” with respect to meeting deadlines and goals.
- Responsible to set up, collaboratively troubleshoot (in conjunction with toolmakers, millwrights, CNC techs, electricians, production personnel and vendors), equipment, repair programs and tooling as required.
- Work closely with Tool Room by providing information needed by toolmakers to accurately diagnose and repair dies.
- Perform routine preventative maintenance such as cleaning, oiling and lubricating machines.
- Responsible to create or participate in the creation of systems / standard operating procedures / documentation requirements to ensure compliance to ISO/TS16949, ISO14001, and Q1.
- Perform overtime as required to meet customer demands and ensure a smooth flow of operations.
- Effective interpersonal / communication skills required internally (within own department and others) and externally (suppliers and customers).
- Complete work assignments with accuracy, sense of urgency, and in a safe manner in accordance with established standards, and all applicable Regulations / Legislation.
- Participate in the elimination of waste program and drive continuous improvement to improve operations, decrease changeover times, streamline work process on an ongoing basis.
- Promotes and demonstrates AAG Ideal Behaviors.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
WHAT YOU'LL NEED TO SUCCEED
- Grade 12 education or equivalent
- Experience in stamping environment preferred
- Possess good mechanical aptitude
- Ability to work efficiently with minimum supervision and direction.
- Requires knowledge of stamping presses and related machinery, basic pneumatics, hydraulics
- Requires knowledge of nitrogen gas spring cylinder & manifold set up, maintenance and repair
- Knowledge or experience using AutoCAD preferred
- Effective interpersonal / communication skills required internally (within own department and others) and externally (suppliers and customers)
- Ability to complete work assignments with accuracy, sense of urgency, and in a safe manner in accordance with established standards, and all applicable Regulations / Legislation
WHAT'S IN IT FOR YOU
- All three shifts available
- Shift Premiums for Afternoons & Midnights
- 8 hour shifts
- Overtime after 40 hours
- Vacation – up to 10 days to start, 1-4 years 13 days,
- 3 Floater days
- Employee Discounts with suppliers including GM and Ford
- Monthly Employee Appreciation Day
- Peer to Peer Recognition Program
- Service Awards
- Onboarding SWAG Bag
- Employee Assistance Program
- Company paid uniform
- Reimbursement for Work Boot, Safety Glasses and form fitted hearing protection
- Continuous training and professional development
- Opportunity to work in a growing company
- Corporate behaviours that promote respect, listening, trust, integrity, creativity, innovation, and teamwork
WHAT ELSE YOU'LL NEED TO KNOW
- Work may require extended periods of sitting, standing, lifting, bending, stooping, and performing repetitive motion tasks.
- Excellent manual dexterity, ability to lift and carry up to 50 pounds.
- Flex shift hours may be required to support role responsibilities over 3 shift operation.
- Office, manufacturing, outdoor environment
- Wear personal protective equipment as prescribed.
- Working Overtime as required to meet customer demands and ensure a smooth flow of operations.