About Us: Wolfe Heavy Equipment manufactures premium equipment for under ground infrastructure installation. We engineer and manufacture equipment from Plow’s to Trenchers that install renewable energy - power transmission lines, water drainage lines, and equipment for the oil and gas sectors.
We value passionate and highly motivated team members who want to make a difference. We pride ourselves on our culture of working as a team to find innovative solutions, relentlessly pursuing excellence, and taking on challenging assignments.
At Wolfe, our goal is to be an industry leader, and help our customers realize increased value through our products and services. We aim to serve our customers with passion and pride. We are growing our business and are looking for team members who desire to join in this challenge. If you are a passionate about the future and have the drive to succeed, send us your resume.
We look forward to growing with you!
Role Purpose: Wolfe’s Electrical Assemblers are responsible for the sub-assembly of electrical panels and components using a variety of tools and equipment according to required specifications. The Electrical Assemblers must follow specifications in order to meet safety and quality requirements. The Electrical Assemblers will perform repairs and troubleshoot problems as necessary.
Reports To: Shop Team Leader
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Read and understand engineering drawings and component specifications in order to recognize parts and part specifications for assembly
- Create and route wiring harnesses
- Routing and termination of electrical components onto the machine
- Use a variety of hand and power tools following appropriate methods and procedures to complete electrical assembly of components or products
- Lay out components and wire electrical panels as per schematics
- Perform basic tests on installed components to ensure they meet the appropriate standards
- Inspect, operate, and test completed products to verify functioning
- Trouble shoot electrical systems
- Maintain a clean and organized work area and maintain all equipment
- Operate fork truck, cranes, and genie boom
- Continually assess processes to find inefficiencies and submit engineering change notices (ECN’s) to implement change
Key Competencies and Behaviours:
-Displays excellence in daily work
- Detail oriented, eye for quality
- Clean and organized
-Positive and engaged
- Must be motivated and have a team-oriented attitude
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Must be willing to learn, grow and develop
- Receive constructive feedback
-Generates great ideas, opportunities for CI
- Commitment to continuous improvement
- Goes above and beyond
-Works to high standards
- Works with quality in mind
- Takes responsibility and accountability
Qualifications & Experience:
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or 1-2 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
- Basic computer literacy skills.
- Must be willing to learn and practice continuous improvement techniques.
- Must be able to read shop drawings.
- Must have a general understanding of electrical, hydraulics, and mechanical assembly as it applies to equipment.
- Must be motivated and have a team oriented attitude.
- Previous heavy equipment industry experience considered an asset
Job Types: Full-time, Fixed term contract
- Casual dress
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- RRSP match
- Vision care
Supplemental pay types:
- Electrical Assembly: 4 years (preferred)
Work Location: In person