Talent Development Specialist (P54)
What you’ll do…
- Facilitate specialized training as requested
- Develop and present workshops to support organizational initiatives
- Enhance New Hire Orientation process in collaboration with functional areas
- Monitor and recommend initiatives to support our Employment Equity program through tracking and metrics on a monthly and quarterly basis
- Create development plans and training plans to meet individual and team training needs
- Prepare reporting and key metrics for training programs and compliance
- Investigate available training methods and procedures to determine the most effective manner by which to meet specific learning needs
- Source training to meet new or changing health and safety and compliance legislation, in collaboration with health and safety specialists.
- Project management of talent development programs/initiatives: in partnership with Talent Development Manager, participate in the full life-cycle of program design, development, implementation and evaluation, including but not limited to needs analysis, creating/sourcing relevant materials, communications, surveys, facilitation and train the trainer sessions.
- Develop and deliver creative and effective communication campaigns to communicate value and engage learners
- Prepare monthly scorecards and ad-hoc reports to showcase impact of learning programs and initiatives.
- Monitor, schedule and ensure compliance to Industrial Training Requirements
- Coordinate and facilitate new hire orientation training for bargaining and non-bargaining units
- Manage the Talent Development inbox to support employee learning
- Demonstrate teamwork and the ability to collaborate with other business partners
- Celebrate diversity of thought and have an open mindset
- Support Diversity, Equity & Inclusion efforts through creation of resources for employees and Employee Resource Groups
Who you are…
- You hold a Human Resources, Business Administration or Education diploma or degree
- You possess strong communication, interpersonal, facilitation, organization, presentation skills
- You demonstrate expertise in design, development and delivery of training in context of adult learning principles
- You value customer service and have a solutions oriented attitude
- You have the ability to complete and deliver work assignments in accordance with project deadlines and business expectations
- You have experience in a learning and development role including competency and career planning, learning gap analysis, training development, succession planning, talent planning
- You have considerable knowledge of adult learning principles
- You have experience administering and facilitating training programs and workshops
- You possess strong interpersonal and communication skills, strong attention to detail and the ability to multi-task
- You possess a high level of initiative and accountability
- You possess the ability to work independently, be self-directed, be adaptable and flexible
- You have excellent organizational, project, and time management skills
- Ability to travel (5% Cdn) and (5% US & Int'l) and possess/be able to acquire and maintain a valid passport
What else you can bring...
- Experience using knowledge sharing tools (e.g., SharePoint)
- PMP designation is an asset
General Dynamics Land Systems – Canada is an employment equity employer who values diversity and inclusion. We are committed to providing accommodations for persons with disabilities. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.
It is a requirement that General Dynamics Land Systems - Canada be registered with the Canadian Controlled Goods Program and that all of its workforce be security assessed. As such, successful applicants must meet all applicable security requirements, including, but not limited to, the ability to obtain and maintain a Canadian government security clearance to secret level.