Cargill's North America protein business produces fresh, frozen and cooked beef, turkey, pork, chicken and egg protein offerings, sauces, soups, case ready products, pet treats and by-products for our retail, foodservice and food ingredient customers.
Cargill Protein focuses on product quality, employee safety, food safety, animal wellbeing, environmental impact, improved sustainability and community engagement as it strives to nourish the world in a safe, responsible and sustainable way. Cargill Protein has a diverse 28,000-member team and operates approximately 60 protein primary and further processing facilities, distribution centers, feed mills, hatcheries, and an innovation center in the U.S. and Canada, in addition to maintaining international sales offices. Canada is home to 10 of these facilities and includes over 5500 stakeholders.
The Operations Supervisor role is responsible for the daily supervision, engagement and safety of the operations stakeholders to produce high quality chicken products. Main accountabilities include the direction of the operations team to accomplish daily production goals, in an engaging manner, with an emphasis on people safety and food safety.
40% - Supervision and Operational Excellence – understanding of daily production demands and ensuring that production needs are met. Maintaining established crewing levels through recruitment scheduling and assignment of hourly stakeholders.
30% - Food Safety and People Safety – Promoting a culture of People safety and Food safety by championing best practices in these areas and ensuring accountability and adherence to Cargills programs.
20% - Engagement, and Development of Stakeholders – train and motivate employees to drive maximum efficiency, productivity, food safety and quality, and engagement. Acts a resource for employees, through coaching, investigating and following up on employee issues.
10% - Other projects and activities.
• Bachelor Degree in Logistic or Transportation, and/ or Business administration, having exposure with cares with material handling
• 1 year of supervision experience (shipping, receiving, warehousing), working in union environment.
• Knowledge of Poultry industry
• Able to work in cold environment, in 2nd shift (covering day shift if it is necessary)
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Demonstrated coaching, leadership and team-building skills
• Exposure to dust, dander, feathers
• Ability to operate and work around moving machinery
• Must be legally entitled to work for Cargill in Canada
Cargill is an equal opportunity employer and committed to providing accommodation to our job applicants with disabilities.
• Certification or Knowledge in Quality and Food Safety
• 1-3 years supervisory experience
• Food processing or manufacturing experience
• Experience in administration with billing exposure
This position is posted internally as well as externally