Cargill's North America protein business produces fresh, frozen and cooked beef, turkey, pork, chicken and egg protein offerings, sauces, soups, case ready products, pet treats and by-products for our retail, foodservice and food ingredient customers.
Cargill Protein focuses on product quality, employee safety, food safety, animal wellbeing, environmental impact, improved sustainability and community engagement as it strives to nourish the world in a safe, responsible and sustainable way. Cargill Protein has a diverse 28,000-member team and operates approximately 60 protein primary and further processing facilities, distribution centers, feed mills, hatcheries, and an innovation center in the U.S. and Canada, in addition to maintaining international sales offices. Canada is home to 10 of these facilities and includes over 5500 stakeholders.
Position Purpose & Summary
To maintain established crewing levels, orient new Maintenance employees and perform performance reviews, as well as continuously train and motivate employees to ensure maximum efficiency, productivity, cooperation, engagement and morale. This role will plan, organize, and control shift operations, complete reports accurately, and maintain total awareness of the Collective Agreement, Occupational Health & Safety Act, policies, regulations and procedures. In addition, you will conduct monthly safety audits, regular safety meetings, and observational tours.
35% Leading Shift Coverage
- Provide shift supervisory leadership
- Ensure expedient M&R resources are applied as required to plant and equipment “uptime”.
- Work with all departments to ensure their service requirements are met.
35% Effective Application of PdM and PM Programs
- accountable to enhance plant operations and equipment dependability through Cargill Reliability model
- optomises PM and PdM systems to reduce downtime
- Create and implement PM program upgrades on a continuous basis
20% Effective Safety Management
- capable of developing, implementing and optimising reliability systems where none exist
- maintains total awareness of and ensures compliance with Occupational Health & Safety Act and Company Health & Safety policies
- identifies and recommends physical, procedural and ergonomic changes to the workplace in relation to daily tasks.
10% Leadership & Development of Staff
- provides leadership and mentorship to Maintenance Team
- will provide feedback to M&R Manager,and salaried team.
• Qualified Tradesperson (Electrician or millwright) or Engineering Technologist
• 1 year previous supervisory experience
• Strong computer/data management skills
• Strong communication skills both verbal and written
• Team oriented
• Ability to proble solve
• Must be legally entitled to work for Cargill in Canad
• 2 + years of previous supervisory experience
• Previous experience in a Food manufacturing setting
• Projects Management Certificate
• Project Management Experience
• AutoCAD Experience with PLC programming and automation system integration.
This position is posted internally as well as externally