Senior Electrical Hardware Designer/Engineer (Analog)
For over 50 years, SCIEX has been developing groundbreaking technologies and solutions in mass spectrometry and capillary electrophoresis. Our products enable our customers to quickly respond to environmental hazards, better understand biomarkers relevant to disease, improve patient care in the clinic, bring relevant drugs to market faster and keep food healthier and safer. At SCIEX, you’ll find a rewarding role that amplifies your impact on the world and helps you realize life’s potential.
SCIEX is proud to work alongside a community of nine fellow Danaher Life Sciences companies. Together, we’re pioneering the future of science and medicine, developing products that enable researchers in the fight to save lives.
Don’t just land a job. Launch your future! What you find at Sciex — and within yourself — might just change the world!
Sciex is hiring an Electrical Designer at our Concord, Ontario, Canada site to develop electrical hardware that enables high complexity mass spectrometry applications.
The Senior Electrical Designer/Engineer is responsible for designing electrical hardware based on input requirements and supporting implementation and system integration activities while following established guidelines, procedures, and design practices.
In this role, you will have the opportunity to:
- Create and implement designs, develop design specifications, and perform analyses to show design compliance at technical reviews
- Collaborate with the research & scientific community to generate and validate design concepts and technologies, targeting current and future products
- Generate design architecture concepts based on system requirements
- Generate hardware specific qualification plans and execute against them in order ensure the required stability and performance for new designs
- Lead/mentor/coach more junior associates as needed
- Support the creation of functional test plans & procedures, including functional verification to confirm the design meets requirements
- Assist or lead the build of electronic modules to test against test plans, troubleshoot and summarize results.
- Support sub-system design and integration efforts, in accordance with performance, cost, schedule and reliability objectives
- Create designs compliant with existing design for manufacturing and testability guidelines
- Develop, review and release product documentation for electronic modules and subsystems consistent with documentation guidelines
- Work closely with multiple product development groups throughout the product development process (e.g., Firmware, Software, Systems Engineering, Hardware verification and validation, Manufacturing Engineering)
- Provide technical support to released products to improve manufacturing yield, field reliability and/or product cost
The essential requirements of the job include:
- Bachelor’s degree in electrical/Electronic Engineering or Applied Science, or its equivalent. Master’s degree is an asset
- Prefer 10 years of relevant analog and switched mode power supplies design experience, including proficient transformer design and magnetics selection experience.
- Mechanical packaging and integration knowledge
- Hands-on experience testing and troubleshooting PCBA's
- Candidate must be proactive, results-oriented, self-motivated and willing to be part of a larger team. Demonstrated success working collaboratively in a team
- Experience with schematic entry tools (eg. Viewdraw, Orcad)
- Analog simulation software (preferably Pspice or LT Spice) use proficiency
- Mathematical calculation software (Mathcad, Matlab) use proficiency
- Must be a proactive, results-oriented, self-motivated team player with strong organizational skills and excellent written and verbal communication skills
It would be a plus if you also possess:
- High voltage circuit design and measurement experience
- Digital and mixed signal circuit design experience
- Experience with Design for test/manufacturability approaches
- VHDL, C Programming experience
- Basic knowledge of physics
When you join us, you’ll also be joining Danaher’s global organization, where 80,000 people wake up every day determined to help our customers win. As an associate, you’ll try new things, work hard, and advance your skills with guidance from dedicated leaders, all with the support of powerful Danaher Business System tools and the stability of a tested organization.
At Danaher, we value diversity and the existence of similarities and differences, both visible and not, found in our workforce, workplace and throughout the markets we serve. Our associates, customers and shareholders contribute unique and different perspectives as a result of these diverse attributes.
If you’ve ever wondered what’s within you, there’s no better time to find out.