Inventory Control Specialist
The Original Cakerie Ltd. is one of three premium dessert manufacturing companies owned by Gryphon Investors, managed by Dessert Holding’s. We are a rapidly growing company comprised of The Original Cakerie Ltd. (London Ontario & Delta British Columbia), Lawler’s Desserts (Houston, TX) and Atlanta Cheesecake Company (Atlanta, GA). We are poised for continued growth by bringing high quality products to both retail grocery and food service across North America. Led by a senior team with strong company pedigrees and experience driving improvement – we have exciting opportunities to be a part of this high performance, growth focused organization.
Founded in 1976, The Original Cakerie has an exceptionally strong presence across North America as a premium dessert manufacturer. We operate two Double A, BRC certified state-of-the-art manufacturing facilities and are looking for an experienced leader who is ready to go to the next level.
We are looking for a Inventory Control Specialist for our London location. The successful candidate will adjust, verify, and coordinate the raw material inventory activities of the facility. They will be responsible and accountable for performance standards that relate to material utilization.
What You’ll Do:
- Control Output & Consumption and input reversals by training all Supervisory staff on the Navision system
- Collect Daily production reports and complete consumption from previous day.
- Reconcile all bin inventories related to that day.
- Is responsible for the investigative process related to any reconciliation issues.
- All tasks assigned the consumption process, including identification and consumption of rework, reconciling theoretical requirements versus actual, and completion of LMPO’s (London Manufacturing Purchase Orders).
- Analyze and report any significant discrepancies between output, consumption, and leftovers.
- Reconciling staging bins to identify material discrepancies.
- Routine schedule of cycle counting of all areas of inventory daily.
- Understand rework/leftover policy and procedure to control the flow of rework and leftovers in the production-which is critical in understanding the waste in the business – which needs to be addressed on a timely basis to avoid risk to the business to minimize expiration of product.
- Plan and direct raw material picks for production staging
What You Bring:
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Accounting, Inventory Management, Logistics and Supply Chain Management.
- Previous inventory control experience 1 & 2 years Minimum
- Strong working knowledge in Navision 2013 preferred
- Experience in Microsoft (Word and Excel)
- Individual must be flexible, enthusiastic, and self-driven
- Proven ability to motivate self and other
- Interpersonal/Supervisory skills to maintain positive employee relations.
- Excellent communication skills
What We Offer:
- Competitive Salary + Bonus
- RRSP Contribution
- Medical, Dental & Extended Health Benefits
Please apply and attach a copy of your resume. We thank you in advance for your interest in The Original Cakerie. Due to volume, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Throughout the selection process, accommodations for applicants with disabilities are available upon request. Please notify Employee Experience. if required. “The Original Cakerie is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes all applicants"