Senior Buyer, Strategic Sourcing
Focused on leading the transition to a sustainable future, Glen Dimplex Americas is enhancing the moments that matter in life with a commitment to delivering the best design and efficiency in the areas of temperature control and comfort creation. With operation throughout North America the success of the Glen Dimplex Americas organization is a testament to the strength of our people and investment in innovation and technology.
Our portfolio of industry recognized brands includes Dimplex, Cadet and Faber. Together these brands provide complete product offerings in the residential and commercial comfort categories, ranging from electric heaters, to fireplaces and controls.
Glen Dimplex Americas is a division of the Glen Dimplex Group - the world's largest manufacturer of electrical heating, which holds significant global market positions in domestic appliances, heating, cooling, ventilation, and renewable energy solutions. Headquartered in Dublin, Ireland the Glen Dimplex Group privately owns over 40 brands with operations in 80 countries.
Reporting to the Director, Supply Chain, the Senior Buyer, Strategic Sourcing will work with supply chain and manufacturing teams to identify and implement optimal sourcing solutions. With a focus on finished goods, and while collaborating with manufacturing purchasing, your market insights, supplier analysis, and recommendations will directly result in material cost savings and a stable supply base.
To be successful in the role, the Senior Buyer, Strategic Sourcing must understand market commodities, possess strong supplier negotiation skills, and a desire to develop organizational supplier strategy. This role provides centralized coordination of Supplier savings and reporting between the Glen Dimplex Americas manufacturing and planning sites.
In this role you will:
- Identify and champion supplier savings initiatives, including pricing, discounts, order quantity, lead time and delivery arrangements.
- Create and negotiate various contracts with selected suppliers while exhibiting strong negotiating skills.
- Evaluate and approve suppliers to ascertain their ability to meet company requirements, goals, and objectives.
- Propose and recommend overall sourcing strategy. Proactively work with the business to understand business needs, business strategy, and pipeline suppliers.
- Research and source suppliers of strategic commodities, finished goods, and MRO accounts.
- Support the manufacturing purchasing teams in the contract negotiation process with new and existing suppliers, and with vendor relationships.
- Leverage market insight to collaborate with manufacturing purchasing on the management and sourcing of strategic commodities and suppliers. Review strategic commodities consumption compared to forecast.
- Monitor commodity market pricing. Proactively conduct market intelligence activities with a focus on changes in the commodity markets.
- Monitor Finished Goods and Raw Material supplier pricing and PPV (purchase price variance). Benchmark supplier costs to ensure competitive pricing.
- Implement and manage the Sedex platform for ethical supplier management.
- Identify and assist with VMI opportunities to drive cost optimization.
- Prepare annual commodity budget.
- Develop, coordinate and perform supplier business reviews to ensure service and quality levels are meeting standards.
- Drive continuous improvement and supplier development with respect to commodity differentiation, quality, service, and cost.
- Manage the collection of certificates of insurance from vendors.
- Develop relationships with other Glen Dimplex divisions to gain alignment and insight.
- Perform ad hoc purchasing analyses as required.
What You Need
- Post-secondary education in Business Administration, Supply Chain Management, Materials Management or a related field.
- Proven Supply Chain experience in purchasing in manufacturing and traded goods environments.
- Strong negotiation skills.
- Proficiency in data analysis and reporting/presentation tools including Excel, Power Point, and Power BI.
- Advanced knowledge of procurement principles and supplier management.
- Proficiency in using ERP systems. SAP experience considered an asset.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to collaborate effectively with cross-functional teams.
- Ability to work independently and in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Demonstrated ability to lead initiatives on a cross functional team.
- Knowledge of industry best practices and emerging trends in procurement.
What We Offer
Core Total Rewards
- Fully funded Group Benefits (medical, dental, vision, life insurance, dependent life, AD&D, short term disability, & long term disability)
- Group RRSP with 100% Employer Match up to 4%
- Portable Benefits, Consult +, and Telus Pharmacy Group
- 3 Weeks Vacation Immediately
- Employee Assistance Program
- Workplace Wellness Program
- Support of professional memberships/certifications
- Educational Reimbursement Program
- Smart casual dress atmosphere
- Summer Fridays
- Employee Service & Recognition Awards
- Referral Bonus Program
- A unique opportunity to be a key player in a growing global organization
- An innovative fast-paced culture focused on people
We Think Customer – we aim to put our customers at the center of everything we do, taking time to understand their needs; creating solutions that meet and exceed their expectations, enhancing everyday moments
We Care About People – we recognize the power of a community with a common purpose; empathizing with others’ point of view and acting with integrity to create a safe and healthy environment
We Value Innovation – we are building a better future day by day; developing innovations that will create quality, consumer-centric, sustainable solutions
We Keep it Simple – we make the complex simple by driving out inefficiencies; which enables us to be agile, responsive and to get the job done
Location: Cambridge, ON, London, ON or Vancouver, WA
How to Apply
Our team members include people like you: enthusiastic, innovative, motivated and creative. If you are interested in joining our team or learning more about this opportunity, please apply now. Glen Dimplex Americas offers a competitive total rewards package, and we are continually striving to attract and retain the best talent available, building ongoing success for both our organization and our employees!
Glen Dimplex Americas is committed to fair and accessible employment practices.
We thank all applicants for their interest in Glen Dimplex Americas, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.