McCormick & Company, Inc., a world leader in the spice, flavor and seasonings industry, is seeking a full time Graphic Designer. This new hire will have the option to work at either one of our Canadian offices located at 2155 Drew Rd, Mississauga, ON L5S 1S7, Canada or 600 Clarke Rd, London, ON N5V 3K5, Canada. The Graphic Designer will report to a Senior Graphic Designer.
With more than $5 billion in annual sales, the Company manufactures markets and distributes spices, seasoning mixes, condiments and other flavorful products to the entire food industry, retail outlets, food manufacturers and foodservice businesses. We create differentiating flavors consumers prefer with unmatched quality, science, innovation and service. Every day, no matter where or what you eat, you can enjoy food flavored by McCormick. McCormick makes every moment and meal better™.
As a company recognized for exceptional commitment to employees, McCormick offers a wide variety of benefits, programs and services. Benefits include, but are not limited to, tuition assistance, medical, dental, vision, disability, group life insurance, 401(k), profit sharing, paid holidays and vacations.
The Graphic Designer will join our in-house Content Team to create engaging static and gif content used on various digital, social and print channels aligning to brand tone of voice and marketing objectives. This role will work closely with Content Producers, Content and Communication Managers and Food Service Sales and Marketing Managers.
- Design static assets: digital display advertisements, infographics, selling decks, graphics for social media, and graphics for website landing pages and microsites.
- Design and create digital assets for our Branded Food Service and Custom Flavor Solutions businesses across North America
- Collaborate with other members of the digital and brand teams on content development and participate in pre-production meetings
- Bachelor’s degree in Graphic Design, Fine Arts, Motion Graphics or in-lieu of degree equivalent work experience
- Minimum of 2 years Graphic Design work experience
- Proven understanding of designing branded content for paid social and banner ads
- Detail-oriented, deadline driven, and able to handle a high-volume workload
- Ability to adapt designs across U.S. and Canada keeping translated copy in mind
- Attention to detail is important when creating designed assets that must convey a message for a brand both for story continuity and aligning to a brand tone of voice
- Willingness to react, respond and pivot creative in a timely manner
- Up to date with industry leading software and technologies (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator)
- Basic understanding of what makes food appealing and appetizing from a visual perspective
- Strong design capabilities
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Language skills or understanding of Canadian English and Canadian French
- Experience in Food Service Marketing
- Experience working with brands across multiple regions
- Experience working with multiple brands with unique styles and tones of voice
- Experience in CPG food industry
- Experience in Paid Social Media and Display Ads