This posting has expired and applications are no longer being received and this job does not show up on the main job list.
||Feb 25, 2022
Machine Operators – Packaging Technician
Reporting to the Packaging Supervisor, the Machine Operator is responsible for set up, troubleshooting and operation of machinery in the packaging department. You’ll ensure the interminable and efficient running of packaging. A great machine operator is reliable and able to work with attention to detail and safety standards. Being a team player is essential since all tasks will require close collaboration with co-workers. The goal will be to ensure that production procedures will be carried out smoothly to maximize efficiency.
Motif Labs is a licensed cannabis extraction facility located in SW Ontario. Motif operates as a business-to-business enterprise, offering toll processing and contract manufacturing services to Licensed Producers (LP's) and 3rd Party Brands. Motif is experiencing significant growth and we are seeking dynamic and professional individuals to join our team. Motif prides itself on Integrity, Collaboration and Quality, and these core values are at the center of everything we do.
- Setting up machines to start a production cycle including labelers, printers, robotic fillers, and pumps
- Controlling and adjusting machine settings (e.g. speed)
- Feeding raw material or parts to semi-automated machines
- Inspect parts with precision and measuring tools
- Test operation of machines periodically
- Fix issues that might occur during the shift
- Check output to spot any machine-related mistakes or flaws
- Keep records of approved and defective units or final products
- Maintain activity logs
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Proven experience as a machine operator
- Working knowledge of diverse machinery and measurement tools
- Experience in problem solving and following detailed procedures
- Adherence to health and safety regulations (e.g. constant use of protective gear)
- Ability to read blueprints, schematics and manuals
- Ability to multi-task and be willing to learn and adapt to change
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, changing and challenging team environment
- Ability to work according to tight schedules and timelines
- High school diploma or equivalent; technical degree is a plus
- Must remain in compliance with provincial and federal regulations, and internal Motif policies
- Physically fit; standing and/or sitting will be required for long periods of time and must be able to lift up to 25 lbs
- Required to pass a criminal background check
- Must be able to work various shift schedules as required
HOW TO APPLY:
YOU MUST submit your resume and cover letter to Motif Labs careers page at: www.motiflabs.ca to be considered.
Please note you must be 19 years of age to both enter our website and work for our company. We thank all interested applicants but only those who have been selected for interview will be contacted.
NOTE: All candidates are required to pass a criminal background check and provide a copy for employment at Motif. We thank all interested candidates. Only those whom we have selected for an interview will be contacted.
This role is performed on site at our production facility and Motif provides all required PPE and has continued all safety protocols: a well-fitted mask must be worn at all times while indoors and staff are to remain 2M+ apart, COVID screening must be completed every day prior to entering the facility and we are moving to mandatory vaccination status.
$20.00 - $25.00