The Original Cakerie Ltd. is part of the rapidly growing Dessert Holdings Family, offering career growth opportunities. Dessert Holdings is North America's fastest growing premium dessert company, recognized for providing retail and foodservice customers with chef-inspired innovative desserts made with real ingredients, a flexible and low-cost supply chain, and best in class service. Based in St. Paul, Minnesota, it is a collection of premium dessert companies and brands: Steven Charles, The Original Cakerie, Lawler's Desserts, Atlanta Cheesecake Company and most recently, Dianne's Fine Desserts. Dessert Holdings is owned by Bain Capital and is continuing its journey of rapid growth. The company employs approximately 3,000 people across eight manufacturing facilities and its headquarters in St. Paul, Minnesota. The manufacturing facilities are geographically dispersed, with two facilities in Canada and one each in Colorado, Texas, Georgia, Massachusetts, Minnesota, and North Carolina.
Our location in London, ON has an opening for Purchasing Assistant
REPORTS TO: Senior Purchasing Manager
Position Mission: The Purchasing Assistant is an important part of the supply chain process. This individual contributes to the success of the organization by supporting the procurement organization through consistent management of data and information.
Responsibilities Include:(This is meant to be an outline, not an exhaustive list of responsibilities)
- Maintain procurement data and documentation in accordance with internal procedures within ERP.
- Create New Items numbers in ERP by direction of R&D
- Update Pricing tables by direction of buyers
- Request and file receiving documentation (COA, BOL) as requested by operations, QA, or warehouse.
- Execute and follow through SharePoint requests by direction of buyers.
- Execute the process and follow through of non-conformance reporting to assure submission and the completion of any return of product to suppliers (RMA).
- Request credits from suppliers as needed.
- Report generation to support purchasing department.
- Daily replenishment report to buyers
- Daily Open PO reporting/Late PO reporting to buyers
- Schedule change report generation as required (daily)
- Monthly material usage calculation report
- Support corporate projects requiring detailed follow-up from procurement.
- SKU rationalization/commercial projects: weekly documentation of inventory & costs
- Create purchase orders for test materials – requested by R&D
- Participate and supports projects associated with the supply chain to improve productivity
- Experience with ERP systems and tools.
- Intermediate to Advanced Microsoft Excel skills
- Detail oriented
- Team and service oriented
- Must possess clear written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills
- Problem Solver
Schedule: Monday to Friday
Shift Timing: 8:30 am - 5:00 pm (flexible)
- At least 2 years’ experience of administrative experience, preferably in a procurement and/or manufacturing environment
What is great about Working at The Original Cakerie?
- We provide sick pay, and RRSP contributions
- You get to buy your delicious cakes at discounted prices to share with family and friends!
- Our beautiful modern facility is a place you can be proud to work at
- We are a progressive employer offering challenge, opportunity and a competitive compensation package in an employee focused work environment
Throughout the selection process, accommodations for applicants with disabilities are available upon request. Please notify Human Resources if required.
"The Original Cakerie is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes all applicants".
Due to volume, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. We thank you in advance for your interest in The Original Cakerie.
Dessert Holdings company (Lawler's Desserts, Atlanta Cheesecake Company or The Original Cakerie) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It is our policy to abide by all federal and state laws prohibiting employment discrimination; therefore, Dessert Holdings company (Lawler's Desserts, Atlanta Cheesecake Company or The Original Cakerie) does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, age, religion, national origin, military status, pregnancy, or disability or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state and local antidiscrimination laws.