Millwright Apprentice (internal)
(2 Positions Available)
Under the direction of the Maintenance Supervisor (or delegate Team Leaders), the millwright apprentice will assist in the prevention of mechanical breakdown and ongoing maintenance of production equipment and plant facilities in a timely and efficient manner. This position is on a three-shift rotation as defined by the production shift schedule.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
With the guidance of a journeyman:
- Install, maintain, troubleshoot and repair hydraulic, pneumatic, and mechanical equipment and systems such as hydraulic presses, transfer equipment, robotic welding equipment, CNC benders and lubrication systems.
- Read and interpret hydraulic and pneumatic circuit diagrams, mechanical blueprints and equipment documentation.
- Inspect machinery for defects; dismantle machine or equipment and repairs.
- Complete PM or Work Orders via EAM computer software system.
- Clean, lubricate and perform other routine maintenance work on machinery.
- Actively participates in the development and achievement of team quality goals and objectives, continuous improvement ideas and projects, and environmental objectives and targets.
- Support launches and production demands as deemed necessary with overtime.
- Comply with company policies and procedures supporting the quality management system, environmental management system, and health and safety.
Educational Requirements and Skills:
The above us not intended to be an all-inclusive list of the duties, responsibilities, and requirements of the job described. Rather, they are intended to describe the general nature of the job. Accommodations for disabilities in relation to the job selection process are available upon request.
- Working towards their Industrial Mechanic (Millwright) Designation.
- Attend trade school as outlined by the Ministry of Training when approved by Vari-Form. A training plan will be developed and compliance within the program must be met.
- One to two years’ experience in an automotive environment.
- Strong mechanical and mathematical skills
- Knowledge in basic computer skills
- Strong safety and quality awareness
- Demonstrated interpersonal, communication, and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work in a team environment.