This posting has expired and applications are no longer being received and this job does not show up on the main job list.
||Jan 20, 2022
Motif Labs is hiring an experienced Engineering Manger to lead a growing engineering and maintenance team. The successful candidate will focus on new equipment installs, commissioning and PMs as well as continuous improvement projects throughout the facility to enhance capacity, safety, and compliance. An understanding of Health Canada and cannabis industry regulations is an asset, but not required.
Motif Labs is a licensed cannabis extraction facility located in SW Ontario. Motif operates as a business-to-business enterprise, offering toll processing and contract manufacturing services to Licensed Producers (LP's) and 3rd Party Brands. Motif is positioned for significant growth into 2022, and we are seeking dynamic and professional individuals to join our team. Motif prides itself on Integrity, Collaboration and Quality, and these core values are at the center of everything we do.
- Supervise a multi-functional team to execute on process/efficiency improvements to maximize production and minimize downtime
- Analyze KPIs to prioritize improvement projects within the engineering team
- Key aspects to support include people/material movement, line rates, production bottlenecks, and equipment related issues and solutions.
- Oversee with project management of new equipment or facility expansion
- Manage CMMS system and coordinate a team for PMs, repairs, and upgrades
- Lead contract work for new equipment installs, commissioning, maintenance, and repairs
- Minimize downtime of equipment with a combination of spare parts, redundancy, and preventative maintenance planning
- Support collection and reporting of production data through ERP and other tools
- Track and report on SRED eligible expenses
- Other duties as required or assigned
- Provide day-to-day oversight for direct reports in the department
- Foster and maintain a positive and collaborative work environment to motivate staff
- Identify, track and report on progress against organizational key performance goals
- Collaborate with senior management to identify and allocate resources (people and equipment) based on business & operational priorities
- Identify and remove obstacles that prevent staff from accomplishing tasks
- Provide continuous performance feedback for direct reports through regular one-on-one meetings and/or dept meetings
- Conduct formal performance reviews for staff as per the schedule defined by Human Resources (2x per year)
- Deliver Performance Improvement Plans (PIP) and monitor accordingly
- Actively participate in the recruitment process to grow the department when required
- Manage the onboarding of new team members (identify training partner, provide training materials, etc)
- Proactively manage employee, process or equipment issues and escalating up as required
HOW TO APPLY:
- B. Eng in Mechanical, Chemical, Industrial, or other related discipline; P. Eng preferred.
- 5-10 years in manufacturing environment (oil & gas, laboratory, or pharmaceutical preferred)
- 1 year or more of experience with administering CMMS systems
- Experience with process optimization and project management required
- Demonstrated mechanical aptitude required
- Experience within Cannabis industry is considered an asset
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Leadership and coordination; must be able to communicate objectives and track progress on continuous improvement projects
- Positive attitude with strong communication skills
- Strong time management skills including ability to multitask and prioritize
- Shows initiative and ownership of work and willingness to learn
- Strong computer skills, including proficiency in Microsoft Excel and Word
- Required to pass a criminal background check
Please submit your resume and cover letter to Motif Labs careers page at: www.motiflabs.ca
Please note you must be 19 years of age to both enter our website and also to work for our company. We thank all interested applicants but only those who have been selected for interview will be contacted.