Facilities Maintenance Associate
ABOUT THE ROLE
Amsted Automotive Group, London, Ontario, is looking for a Facilities Maintenance Associate capable of assisting in maintaining grounds, minor building repairs / general upkeep and conducts general plant hygiene activities including floor surface sanitizing, general waste removal, recycling activities including but not limited to steel and oils. This position will also require the individual to perform minor Preventative Maintenance duties on production equipment.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Maintains or assists in maintaining grounds, minor building repairs / general upkeep, painting, perform all duties required to clean 1st floor offices, washrooms, cafeteria, outdoor smoking area, 2 washrooms in warehouse, etc.
- Conducts general plant hygiene activities including floor surface sanitizing, general waste removal, recycling activities, press pit oil clean up and recycling, including but not limited to steel and oils.
- Completes Monthly, Weekly, Daily equipment PM’s as assigned
- replace lathe / press electrical panel cooling fan filters
- lathe lube oil checks / replenishment
- scheduled wash PMs
- auto greaser level check / replenishment
- daily equipment oil level checks / recording
- scheduled filter replacement air blowers etc.
- Communicates with vendors of various building systems including alarm, sprinkler systems, etc.
- Maintains the general maintenance of floor scrubber
- Participates in team activities and perform duties safely in manner that reflects sense of “urgency” with respect to meeting deadlines and goals
- Maintains 5S tracking data for plant wastewater maintenance
- Completes work assignments with accuracy, sense of urgency, and in a safe manner in accordance with established standards, and all applicable Regulations / Legislation.
WHAT YOU'LL NEED TO SUCCEED
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 1-2 years relevant work experience an asset
- Passion for mechanics and openness to learn
- Basic working knowledge of MS Office programs
- Strong organizational and time managements skills
- Achieves results / targets through others who are not direct reports
- Adapts and maintains performance in changing work environment
- Must be able to work independently with minimal supervision
- Reliable transportation needed
- Available for 3pm to 11pm shift
WHAT'S IN IT FOR YOU?
- $18.50 / hour + shift premium
- Shift Premiums for Afternoons
- 8 hour shifts
- Overtime after 40 hours
- Vacation – up to 10 days to start, 1-4 years 13 days,
- 3 Floater days
- Employee Discounts with suppliers including GM and Ford
- Monthly Employee Appreciation Day
- Peer to Peer Recognition Program
- Service Awards
- Onboarding SWAG Bag
- Employee Assistance Program
- Company paid uniform
- Reimbursement for Work Boot, Safety Glasses and form fitted hearing protection
- Continuous training and professional development
- Opportunity to work in a growing company
- Corporate behaviours that promote respect, listening, trust, integrity, creativity, innovation, and teamwork
- Dental care
- Extended Health Care
- DPS, RRSP with employer matching
- Vision Care
WHAT ELSE YOU'LL NEED TO KNOW
- Work may require extended periods of sitting, standing, lifting, bending, stooping, and performing repetitive motion tasks
- Excellent manual dexterity, ability to lift and carry up to 50 pounds occasionally
- Must be willing and able to work any shift as may be required
- Manufacturing environment working with machines, parts, and equipment
- Wear personal protective equipment as prescribed
Means TransForm Products is an equal opportunity employer and will make accommodations available to applicants with disabilities upon request and throughout the entire recruitment process.