Inovata Foods isn’t your average Food Manufacturing company. We offer the stability of a large company with the feel of a small family business. We have the privilege of partnering with many of North America’s largest retailers. This position reports directly to Inovata Foods’ Maintenance Manager.
Inovata Foods Corp. is looking for a full time Operating Engineer to partner with us as we bring families and friends together through offering wholesome and convenient meals. The role is located in our Tillsonburg, Ontario facility. Inovata Foods Corp. is a major producer of wholesome control brand frozen meals for many of North America’s largest retailers.
- Read blueprints, diagrams, and schematic drawings to determine work procedures.
- Install, align, dismantle, and move stationary industrial machinery and mechanical equipment, such as pumps, fans, tanks, conveyors, furnaces and generators according to layout plans using hand and power tools.
- Operate hoisting and lifting devices such as cranes, jacks, and tractors to position machinery and parts during the installation, set-up and repair of machinery.
- Inspect and examine machinery and equipment to detect and investigate irregularities and malfunctions.
- Install, troubleshoot, and maintain power transmission, vacuum, hydraulic and pneumatic systems, and programmable logic controls.
- Adjust machinery and repair or replace defective parts
- Operate machine tools such as lathes and grinders to fabricate parts required during overhaul, maintenance, or set-up of machinery.
- Clean, lubricate and perform other routine maintenance work on machinery
- Construct foundations for machinery or direct other workers to construct foundations.
- Assemble machinery and equipment prior to installation using hand and power tools and welding equipment.
- Follow all company food safety programs including GMP’s to produce the highest quality product for our customers.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Full medical, dental and disability.
- Insurance package available after 6 months.
- Vacation accrued at 4%.
- Deferred Profit Sharing Plan after 1-year of employment.
- Incentive plan paid bi-weekly.
- Annual Footwear allowance.
- Must have 3 to 5 years of operating engineer experience.
- Must have TSFA Certification.
- Must possess knowledge of health and safety and related practices. Must possess problem solving and leadership skills as well as strong interpersonal and communication skills
- General use of computer, manual dexterity also required when operating any machinery, lifting devices, etc.
- Must have good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Performs multiple tasks requiring concentration and consistent application of Company rules and regulations. Must ensure compliance with GMPs and HACCP guidelines.
- Requires continuous walking, standing in a cool and damp environment. May require occasional pushing, pulling and lifting when assisting with processes.
We strive to help our team members maintain a positive balance between life and work. This position has daily exposure to a food processing environment which includes dampness and cold. Position may require varying start times and extended working hours with occasional weekends to facilitate customer presentations and attendance and production trials and first runs.
Inovata Foods Corp. is an inclusive employer. If selected for an interview, please advise our Human Resources Department if you require any accommodation during the interview and assessment process, and we will work with you to meet your accessibility needs.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $40.00 per hour
- Company events
- Dental care
- Discounted or free food
- Employee assistance program
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- RRSP match
- Tuition reimbursement
Supplemental pay types:
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Tillsonburg, ON N4G 5C4: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
Work Location: In person