About the job
As a key member of the Operations team, this role leads all functions of shipping, receiving and logistics through the appropriate planning, and execution of business processes while providing exceptional leadership to the warehouse team.
- Evaluate the performance of all direct reports to maximize their performance and development throughout the year and during the annual performance review
- Develop staff by following management practices and setting appropriate objectives
- Foster training and development for the department
- Develop staffing plan based on sales forecast and business needs
WAREHOUSE AND MATERIALS MANAGEMENT
- Contribute to an annual business plan and monitor spend to budget for the warehouse
- Maintain warehouse service and quality standards
- Distribute materials and products from their initial receipt to ultimate destination
- Monitor and maintain equipment and racking. Schedule routine maintenance with our partners or internal millwrights.
- Maintain relationships with our 3PL partners
- Working with planning and procurement, forecast future needs and expected movement of inventory
- Audit material flow to verify FIFO principles are applied
- Complete regular cycle count for inventory verification at internal and offsite warehouses
- Achieve >98% order fulfillment rate
- Conduct quarterly business reviews with our shipping partners
- Responsible for freight in/out budget and cost reduction activities
- Plan and create process flow for door to door delivery service for new customers
- Ensure that employees work safely, i.e. by maintaining personal competency in departmental processes, equipment operation, materials usage etc., understanding the associated hazards in the department, and protecting workers from those hazards through information, training, and enforcement of procedures, laws, etc.
- Ensure that equipment and facilities are maintained in safe condition, i.e. by maintaining personal competency in what “safe condition” looks like, conducting regular inspections, and addressing hazards if they arise
- Bachelor’s Degree or College Diploma in Logistics, Business, Finance or equivalent.
- Minimum five (5) years experience in a management position.
- Minimum three (3) years experience in a warehouse environment with experience in international shipping.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work in a fast paced manufacturing environment.
- Intermediate experience in MS Office
- Intermediate experience using an ERP system
- Warehouse maintenance and expansion
- International logistics experience
At an applicant’s request, TMI will make accommodation to its recruitment process to meet the needs of applicants with disabilities.