Allcandidates must complete Cargill’s online application prior to interviewing. Below you will find a link that will direct you to complete the application for this position. To be considered for employment with Cargill, you must apply online and complete the entire application process, along with an e-signature. Please complete your application as soon as possible.
Please note, applications will be reviewed on an ongoing basis with the possibility of filling the role before the application deadline. Please submit your application as soon as possible, so it may be reviewed to be considered for the position.
Early Careers at Cargill
From day one, you will be an integral part of the team. You will have the opportunity to build specific skills, knowledge and attitudes that will enable you to transition to various roles within Cargill. We pride ourselves on having one of the most diverse career trajectories in the industry. As an associate, you will collaborate and build relationships with colleagues and clients who represent diverse work, culture and resolution styles. At Cargill we look for people who want to grow, support, think and produce. You've got big plans. We can help you pursue them.
Protein Operations Management Associate Position
The Protein Operations Management Associate role is a training role that we designed to help prepare you for the plant Operations Supervisor role following a 6-18 month training program. It enables you to become familiar with the workflow of plant operations giving you learning and shadowing across plant teams and department. The duration of that training will vary based on previous experience. Primary training could include
- Environmental, Health & Safety Leadership
- Continuous Improvement
- Human Resources/Talent Management/Employee Relations
- And much more based on your areas of interest!
Learn about the business through performing critical tasks executed within the production environment that will involve physical activity in our food, and/or grain processing facilities. This generally requires a moderate amount of physical exertion on a fairly regular basis. The work may also involve other conditions or exposures (i.e. heat, cold, grain dust, etc.). Depending on the business, this role will require occasional shifts including 2nd and 3rd shift hours.
Associate Program Benefits
- We offer relocation benefits to associates who qualify (based on mileage).
- Associates are eligible for a supplementary health, dental, disability and life benefits package.
- Tuition reimbursement benefits are offered to associates who wish to continue their education in their career field.
- Associates are offered competitive retirement plans and registration assistance.
- As employees, associates receive access to Cargill volunteer and community outreach opportunities and paid time off to participate in volunteer activities.
Potential Business Areas
- Calgary, AB
- High River, AB
- London, ON
Education/Experience Requirements (meet one or more of the following):
Other Required Qualifications:
- Pursuing a post-secondary education from an accredited program in any subject area graduating between December 2021 and May 2022 or;
- Achieved at least a Canadian Force's rank of Master Corporal or trade/branch equivalent or;
- Four years relevant experience (as defined by operational, mechanical, and/or leadership experience)
- Must be legally entitled to work for Cargill in Canada
- Proven ability to work effectively with individuals from a diverse group of backgrounds and cultures
- Willing and able to relocate
- Ability to understand and communicate in English (verbal/written)
- Willingness to work 1st, 2nd, and 3rd shifts and weekends should the occasional need arise
Working at Cargill is an opportunity to thrive—a place to develop your career to the fullest while engaging in meaningful work that makes a positive impact around the globe. You will be proud to work for a company with a strong history of ethics and a purpose of nourishing people. We offer a diverse, supportive environment where you will grow personally and professionally as you learn from some of the most talented people in your field. With more than 150 years of experience, Cargill provides food, agriculture, financial and industrial products and services to the world. We have 150,000 employees in 70 countries who are committed to feeding the world in a responsible way, reducing environmental impact and improving the communities where we live and work. Learn more at www.cargill.com.
- Pursuing an agriculture, business-related degree, or engineering degree (including but not limited to Animal Science, Ag-Economics, Ag-Business, Ag-Education, Agronomy, Food Science, Feed Science, Meat Science, Grain Science, Operations Management, Ag-Systems Management, Ag-Engineering, Supply Chain, Mechanized Systems Management, Industrial Engineering, Industrial Distribution).