Corporate Affairs Specialist (Government Relations)
About the job
At General Dynamics Land Systems we put our Customers at the centre of everything we do. Our commitment to protect and enable the people who serve drives us to develop products and systems that give them a clear advantage for mission success. We are looking for passionate individuals to help us deliver innovative, unique solutions to our Customers.
- Provide support to the Manager, Corporate Affairs
- Directly support the development and maintenance of a Corporate Affairs strategic plan.
- Be aware of trends and activities in the government wrt legislation, policy or politics that would have an impact on our business
- Support assessment of Ontario Provincial Government policy and engagement requirements (messaging, engagement planning)
- Develop material aligned with GR strategic plans to enhance government understanding and support of our domestic and international business (briefing notes, presentations)
- Manage communication tools: ALERTMedia (broadcasts, list management); External Website content; establishment and management of internal communication and social media tools
- Developing Communications reporting
- Oversee adherence to lobbying compliance
- Develop GR briefing notes reports
- Monitor Parliamentary standing committees and develop engagement campaigns for MPs on committees, support development of "LAV Caucus", suppliers etc.
- Develop federal, provincial, local law and policy familiarity, keeping abreast of changes
- University degree/College Diploma
- Minimum 3-5 years business experience
- Displays keen interest and solid understanding of the Canadian political environment
- Demonstrated research and analysis skills
- Ability to develop and articulate clear and compelling written and verbal communications
- Ability to think strategically, execute quickly and multitask while involving key internal stakeholders
- Outstanding interpersonal and stakeholder management skills
- Ability to travel (10% Cdn & 10% US)
- Knowledge of the defense industry
- High degree of competence and comfort with MS Excel and PowerPoint
- Understanding of Canada’s political system
- Bilingual in French and English
General Dynamics Land Systems – Canada is an employment equity employer who values diversity and inclusion. We are committed to providing accommodations for persons with disabilities. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs. It is a requirement that General Dynamics Land Systems - Canada be registered with the Canadian Controlled Goods Program and that all of its workforce be security assessed. As such, successful applicants must meet all applicable security requirements, including, but not limited to, the ability to obtain and maintain a Canadian government security clearance to secret level.