At ASPIRE we are pioneers in the field of precision insect farming, optimizing the growth and harvesting of an underutilized natural resource in order to meet global demand for sustainable ingredients and materials. Our vision is A WORLD TRANSFORMED BY INSECT TECHNOLOGY.
We are currently seeking a Quality Technician that will be responsible for ensuring adherence to the Aspire Quality and Food Safety Program. Your key focus will be to ensure quality standards and procedures are met and aligned with legislation and customer specifications. You will monitor production and identify potential process improvements to increase efficiency, effectiveness and quality of Aspire operations. This role is located in London, Ontario and reports to the Quality Supervisor.
This role is required to work the shift structure of a 2-2-3, 4 week days and 4 week nights, 12 hour shift rotation.
HOW YOU WILL MAKE CONTRIBUTIONS THAT MATTER
WHAT YOU BRING TO THE TABLE
- Promote a Health and Safety, Food Safety and GMP Culture by adhering to company standards at all times.
- Champion, and continuously improve the Quality Program, HACCP Program, SOP’s, processes and Quality Culture throughout the facility.
- Daily monitoring of the day-to-day facility and processing operations, ensuring adherence to all company and regulatory standards, including but not limited to; equipment inspection, pre-op and post-op procedures.
- Collaborate with the quality and food safety team on processes, policies and procedures.
- Support Operations Team as a food safety expert, providing support, guidance and training as needed.
- Participate in internal and external audits. risk assessments, validation activities, quality testing, and more.
- Promote and advocate quality achievement and performance across the organization.
- Complete with a high level of accuracy, production and quality related records.
- Assist and identify QA training needs and opportunities.
- Other related duties and required or assigned.
- 1 to 3 years experience in a comparable role, involving exposure to GMP and HACCP principles and programs, in a food manufacturing facility.
- Diploma or Degree in Microbiology, Chemistry, Food Sciences or related discipline considered an asset.
- Strong problem identification and resolution skills.
- Strong analytical, organizational, interpersonal and communication skills, and ability to collaborate with and influence others.
- Able to work efficiently as a part of a team as well as independently.
- High level of critical and logical thinking, analysis, and/or reasoning to identify underlying principles, reasons, or facts.
- Able to work well under pressure and meet set deadlines.
- Strong Attention to detail in all areas of work.
GET EXCITED ABOUT ASPIRE
- Aspire has assembled the largest body of research on cricket biology and production in the world.
- We are pioneering the industry by customizing, synthesizing and integrating cutting-edge technologies, including an Advanced Automation ASRS, IoT-Enabled Data Accumulation, Artificial Intelligence and Selective Breeding and Biological Optimization processes.
- We offer a competitive compensation package that includes paid time off, medical benefits, Maternity/Parental leave top-up, STD/LTD, RRSP and Stock Option plans.
Aspire welcomes all applicants and is committed to a diverse workforce. If you require accommodation, please advise the Human Resources Department of any required accommodation needs.