Demand and Production Planner
About the job
As a member of the Operations team, you will be responsible to accurately predict and respond to device demand in-order to plan equipment, people, and material resources to meet customer demand.
- Estimate future product demand through development of forecast models
- Conduct monthly forecast maintenance and revise ERP as required
- Successfully communicate forecast and inventory estimations to management
- Address demand-related issues in a timely and effective manner, through production planning and communication of device availability dates
- Create and maintain KPI and demand level dashboards
- Manage Inventory of onsite and offsite warehouses through demand monitoring and production planning
- Create a rolling multi-week schedule for all production lines prioritizing job orders for production optimization
- Create executable manufacturing plan for production sub-assemblies
- Follow-up as required with all teams to expedite flow of materials and documents to meet production schedule and customer expectations
- Interact with shop floor management on a daily basis to resolve issues regarding manufacturing efficiencies or to provide additional information as requested from Manufacturing, Customer Service
- Confer with department supervisors to determine progress of work and completion dates; inventory levels and solving production problems
Bill of Materials
- Set up and monitor the integrity of Bill of Materials (BOM)
- Ensure proper part coding, BoM structure, and manufactured assemblies cost roll-up.
- Maintain and update master files [items, etc.] including new item setup
- Set and monitor in/out dates of materials in transition
- Advise procurement of changes to plans
- Manage BOM changes because of the material transition
- Create weekly items to purchase
- Account for changes based on demand analysis, transition planning
- Outside of the ERP, plan for New Product Introduction (NPI), considering materials and manufacturing time
Health & Safety
- Comply with relevant health and safety legislation, including the Workplace Safety and Insurance Act, the Occupational Health and Safety Act, etc.
- BA in Business, Supply Chain or Engineering or a related field of study
- 1+ years in planning or scheduling
Specialized Skill or Knowledge
- Knowledge or experience in an ISO environment is an asset.
Computer literate with:
- Intermediate experience in MS Word, MS Power Point, TEAMs
- Advanced experience in MS Excel
- Strong understanding of MRP and supply chain software
- Extremely strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Self-Starter, Curious, and an Independent Worker
- Outstanding planning and organizational skills
At an applicant’s request, TMI will make accommodation to its recruitment process to meet the needs of applicants with disabilities.