Safety & Risk Manager
McCormick Canada continues its long track record of growth and is a respected leader in the spice, seasoning, flavouring and specialty food industry. Our consumer products division serves retail grocery customers and emerging channels with Club House, Billy Bee and McCormick products, while our Custom Flavour Solutions division serves food service distributors and other respected food manufacturers across Canada. McCormick Canada is part of the world leader in spice and seasonings, McCormick & Company Inc.
The Power of People is one of our five pillars. It has been the foundation for McCormick's success for decades. There is something inspiring about working at McCormick. We have created an unusually dedicated workforce by fostering a culture of respect, recognition, inclusion and collaboration based on the highest ethical values. Without our employees, our success is not possible. Our commitment to our customers, our consumers and our employees is unsurpassed.
McCormick Canada is looking for a Health & Safety Manager to join our team; this position will be lbased out of our London, ON office with responsibility across our Canadian sites. Responsibilities of this position include providing leadership for the Health & Safety Training Programs, and setting the example of team leadership within an HPWS environment. This person is dedicated to ensuring safe practices, obtaining injury reduction, implementing proactive safety processes, increasing safety awareness, and developing and maintaining robust safety training programs. This position will also be responsible for ensuring organizational compliance with applicable regulations.
• Technical resources for all Canadian facilities (4), ensuring safe practices, injury prevention processes, regulatory compliance, and risk management for liability, Workers’ Compensation, and wellness
• Responsible for compliance with Federal and Provincial regulatory requirements, application of McCormick Health and Safety policies and procedures, comprehensive accident investigations, analysis of safety incidents and behaviours, and establishment of best practices for the plant/facility. Maintains safety and organizational health scorecard reporting
• Oversee and audit all plant safety activities, including monthly department and business unit safety audits. Develop meaningful safety measures for plant scorecard to drive performance improvements. Communicate and translates organizational safety objectives and practices to actionable solutions.
• Lead the Canadian Safety, Health, and Environmental pillar
• Be an active member of the Canadian Plant Leadership Team
• Research, develop, organize and execute safety training, documentation, inspections, audits and governance for all Canadian facilities
• Develop, implement and refine Divisional injury prevention processes for continuous improvement in injury frequency, compliance issues and worker’s compensation
• Lead and develop safety committee members, safety functional leaders, and all safety sub-teams. Validate the performance for the Safety Committee and all sub-teams, leading action plans and root cause analysis
• Post-Secondary Education – Bachelor’s Degree in Occupational Health & Safety, Engineering, or other applicable field
• Certified Safety Professional designation. CRSP is preferred
• 5+ years safety experience with demonstrated leadership ability
• Strong knowledge and understanding of applicable Canadian and provincial regulations required. Knowledge of U.S. regulations is considered an asset.
Throughout the selection process, accommodations for applicants with disabilities are available upon request. Please notify H.R. if required.