Quality Engineer - Hybrid
Every person is unique, but we all have something in common: the need for safe, clean water. And it’s only by bringing together people with diverse ideas, perspectives, and backgrounds that we can solve the complex water problems of our changing world.
At Trojan Technologies, we believe success for all comes from the contributions of every single one of us. That’s why we foster an environment where every associate has a voice, is valued and respected, and feels safe sharing their thoughts. After all, sharing our different viewpoints and experiences is what enables us to find creative and innovative ways to accomplish our shared goals.
Trojan is proud to be part of a corporation that is bringing water and environmental businesses together under the unified purpose of safeguarding the world’s most vital natural resources. Want to ensure the world has the clean water it needs? Then become part of the team that’s making it happen.
Take a moment to watch our video: The Power to Make Things Possible
Our Quality Engineer will provide quality support in North America cross functionally and lead customer quality complaint resolution. You will also facilitate internal audits, ISO 9001 audits, and maintain and review efficiency of our Quality Management System.
Quality Engineering (60%)
- Provide quality support to North America team (Operations, Engineering, Supply Chain, Customer Service, Sales, and Field Service) with focus on compliance with ISO9001:2015
- Maintain and continuously review efficiency of the Global Quality Management System (QMS) and provide input to improve the current processes
- Lead and coordinate customer quality complaint resolution with cross-functional team.
- Direct interface with Service team to retrieve accurate complaint information.
- Deliver quality engineering support to the project team
- Provide complaints analysis to the project team with similar product line which will impact current project
- Closely work with the project team and ensure that we follow the process to avoid issues in the field and at supplier site
- Actively review Punch-list items with Project Manager to ensure that all product quality issues are recorded in SmartSolve system and resolved
- Ensure successful completion of Functional Acceptance Test, Commissioning, and System Start-up.
- Provide Quality Trend Charts/Analysis and suggest/implement improvements based on the trends
- Perform Internal Audits per the annual audit schedule, prepare report, follow-up, and verification of completion of actions initiated from audit(s)
- Collect and evaluate supplier quality data to identify process improvement opportunities within the organization
- Manage 3rd Party QA Inspection agencies to perform supplier inspections according to Inspection Test Plans (ITP´s), including ITP reports
- Complete all required Quality Assurance tasks to onboard new suppliers
- Other responsibilities as assigned
Quality Management System Standard Work Responsibility (40%)
- Subject matter expert on organization’s SmartSolve QMS software workflow
- Facilitate proper quality of the content of procedures and work instructions
- Ensure that applicable standard work adheres to ISO 9001 standard and applicable regulations
- Maintain required QMS training records as per ISO standard and applicable regulations
- Partner with process owners and SMEs to revise their standard work and work instructions
- Perform electronic uploading and release of standard work in the SmartSolve QMS software
- Collaborate with People Managers and Process Owners to validate training requirements
- Create training job codes liaison with other functions
- Other responsibilities as assigned
Travel to supplier jobsites in North America 25 - 30%
Are you qualified?
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering
- Minimum of 4-5 years’ experience in supplier quality engineering in an ISO certified industry
- Experience in Quality Management System and ISO9001:2015
- Good knowledge in statistical tools (such as SPC, MSA, Pareto, etc.) and quality tools (such as FMEA, Cause and Effect Diagram, 8D etc.)
- ASQ Certification preferred
At Veralto, we value diversity and the existence of similarities and differences, both visible and not, found in our workforce, workplace and throughout the markets we serve. Our associates, customers and shareholders contribute unique and different perspectives as a result of these diverse attributes.
If you’ve ever wondered what’s within you, there’s no better time to find out.