Material Handler - Woodstock Division
NEW RATE: $24.25/hour plus premiums!
Shift available: 3 x 12's Fri to Sun 6:00AM to 6:00PM
Location: Woodstock, ON
Why Join Marwood
Who We are:
- Marwood International Inc. is a full service, award-winning, Tier I and 2 automotive OEM structural components and modular assembly supplier, that focuses on waste elimination and light-weighting initiatives from prototypes to full volume products to end of life service parts throughout Canada, US and Japan.
- Marwood is also a well-established Canadian-owned manufacturing company which have been in the industry for 30+ years!
- We are community oriented, and focused on health and wellness.
We are happy to have you join our team!
- Competitive Pay plus Premiums
- GREAT Benefits and Perks: dental, medical and vision coverage, as well as outstanding pension plan and more
- Also, company provided uniforms!
- Due to Marwood's growth you will have an opportunity for over-time after 40 hours
Apply today to speak with our recruiter!
Your Role and Responsibilities
- Material movement to and from workstations with forklift in accordance with Marwood Operating Standards
- Operate a lift truck and/or crane to unload materials onto and off trucks and loading docks
- Complete lift truck inspection and preventative maintenance as per the Lift Truck Daily Inspection Sheet
- FIFO, work in process material flow, PLEX/computer inventory scanning and maintaining material to and from designated work stations and inventory locations
- Determine method of shipment and prepare bills of lading, customs forms, invoices and other shipping documents
- Identify incorrect or missing information on tags and notify Team Leader or Production Supervisor
- Inspect and verify incoming materials against packing slips or other documents, record shortages and reject damaged goods
- Understand the proper flow of all documentation and records associated with material handling
- Ensure safety in traffic areas while loading, unloading and transferring bins, totes, racks, etc.
- Oversee loading and unloading of materials from trucks
- Count, weigh, sort, pack and unpack materials
- Follow proper staging techniques for daily inventories; follow process routings
- Maintain accurate records and identify and differentiate bins by part numbers and codes by use of PLEX, computer, hand scanner
- Recognize potential shortages of parts/materials and advise Production Supervisor
- Performs all duties while practicing safe work habits and obeying all policies and procedures
- All other relevant duties
- Grade 12 or GED required
- Ability to do repetitive tasks in a fast paced environment
- Lift Truck Certification and Overhead Crane License considered assets
- Excellent attendance
We are committed to giving people with disabilities an equal opportunity to provide feedback, and access any information they may need. Please advise if you require accommodation.
We would like to thank all candidates for expressing interest however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted. Pre-employment screening will be required.
For more information, please visit our website: www.marwoodinternational.com