Land Construction Coordinator
Who We Are
As a Best Managed Company celebrating 100 years in business, we foster career opportunities for success. With a family-based culture, we grow through collaboration, innovation, and open communication. At Sifton, we build outstanding communities where people live, work and play. Every day, we go out of our way to hire our next great team member.
Join our team and build a career you’re proud of.
We are looking for a Full-Time Land Construction Coordinator to join our Neighbourhood Developments team in London!
About the Role
This role supports the Manager of Land Construction in the coordination and completion of land development projects on time and within budget. This role is key in ensuring projects are executed to Sifton’s high standards by collaborating with Project Managers, Contractors, Home Builders, and Home Owners.
Main functions of the role include:
- Inspecting neighbourhoods and resolving issues related to seasonal maintenance, cleanliness and safety.
- Interact with Home Builders and Home Owners to answer questions and resolve complaints in line with company obligations and service standards.
- Support tendering activity including preparation of requests, evaluation of responses and then working with subcontractors to execute awarded work scope
Join our committed and professional development team as we bring our neighbourhood visions to life!
Experience & Qualifications
- Post-secondary education in Civil Engineering, Construction Management, and/or Civil Engineering Technology at an accredited Community College or University.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in Civil Engineering and construction projects. Experience in Ontario would be an asset.
- Demonstrated ability to interact effectively with external contractors and service providers to support project progress toward defined milestones.
- Good interpersonal skills and excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Strong knowledge of MS Office suite with knowledge of project planning practices and software considered an asset.
- Demonstrated ability to read and interpret AutoCAD drawings in day to day work. The ability to amend drawings would be an asset.
- Ability to work in safety-sensitive construction zones, around large machinery and heavy equipment as required
- Self-directed, flexible, strong organizational skills, and the ability to manage multiple detailed tasks in a fast past-paced environment.
- This position is approximately 30% office/home and 70% on-site. Reliable transportation and a valid Ontario driver’s license in good standing is required to work at multiple project locations throughout southwestern Ontario, with the majority within London and the surrounding area.
What We Can Offer You
- We’ll set you up for success by providing in-depth training with your team and mentors, working in partnership with our leadership team.
- You’ll enjoy special events, celebrations, and unique perks, specific to your role and work environment, that reinforce our commitment to creating a wonderful employee experience.
- Our unique rewards and recognition programs are designed to celebrate you, your contributions and promote your success.
- Our Employee Assistance Program is available for your everyday needs.
At Sifton Properties Limited, we are committed to providing an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected, and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of the communities in which we live, and to creating an environment where every employee has the opportunity to reach their full potential. Further, your well-being and safety are important to us. We prioritize work-life balance and offer strong health and safety programs, including required COVID vaccination for all roles, to support our employees, families, and the larger communities we serve.
Sifton Properties would like to thank all applicants, however only those who qualify for an interview will be contacted.