ABOUT THE ROLE
Amsted Automotive Group, TransForm Products Canada, is looking for a Plant Manager to be responsible for providing primary leadership at the London, ON facility. This includes instilling a culture of continuous improvement across manufacturing, quality control, maintenance, and materials management.
- Lead plant activities through planning with departmental managers to ensure manufacturing Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) are achieved in a timely and cost-effective manner. This includes establishing goals for safety, quality, production, waste-reduction, and on-time delivery.
- Ensure the safety of the workforce by working with the plant team to implement programs and processes aimed at reducing incident rates and injury severity. The Plant Manager is ultimately responsible for the safety of everyone in the building.
- Build and maintain a positive and engagement-focused culture in the manufacturing facility.
- Develop and manage the operational and fiscal activities of the plant to include: staffing levels, operations head count needs, budgets, and financial goals.
- Manage capital asset maintenance.
- Minimize plant controllable costs including labor overtime, premium freight and repair expenses.
- Implement Preventative Maintenance (PM) programs to ensure functioning of existing plant facilities and equipment; replace or make adjustments to plant facilities and equipment when necessary.
- Provide leadership and training to support and accomplish the company Goals and Objectives (G&Os).
- Implement a plant-wide 5S program.
- Promote lean manufacturing principles and participate in/lead elimination of waste (EOW) team meetings.
- Provide direction, development, and coaching to direct reports and foster a culture of coaching and development throughout the facility.
- Provides leadership for problem resolution to facilitate fast improvements and improved working relationships.
- Analyze and document processes and problems. Develop and execute corrective actions solutions to enhance operational efficiency.
- Complete work assignments with accuracy, sense of urgency, and in a safe manner in accordance with established standards, and all applicable Regulations / Legislation.
- Conduct daily production meetings to communicate critical issues to management staff.
- Manage material requirements to increase inventory turns and reduce inventory and material levels on hand.
- Other duties as assigned.
WHAT YOU'LL NEED TO SUCCEED
- Bachelor’s degree in a related discipline (technical degree or business).
- Minimum of eight years of experience in manufacturing, with concentration on production operations management.
- Track record of progressive leadership experience, leading teams through coaching, development and empowerment.
- Possesses extensive knowledge of Tier 1 automotive stamping plant operations.
- Highly articulate communication skills for interaction with executives, the workforce, its suppliers and customers.
- Confident, energetic, results oriented leader who motivates team members to excel through personal accountability, responsibility and team thinking.
- Detail oriented with an attitude about getting things done and getting them done right. Shows unwavering consistency in action and decision-making.
- Possesses a sense of humility to be accepting of new ideas and learning from colleagues.
- Has sound knowledge of financial/accounting practices and statements.
- Ability to delegate and negotiate to achieve desired objectives.
- Demonstrated commitment to attract, build and strengthen a cohesive team.
- Desire to use data, experiences and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Possesses the ability to take a strategy and communicate it into simple actionable plans, priorities and trade-offs.
- Highly developed awareness of others' reactions and understanding why they react as they do.
- Maintains a “take charge” attitude, persistence, tenacity and drive focused on finding a way to accomplish objectives.
- Influences others by excitement and sense of urgency.
WHAT'S IN IT FOR YOU
- Benefits Package (Medical/Dental/etc.)
- Safety Shoe Reimbursement
- Employee Supplier Discounts Such As GM & Ford
WHAT ELSE YOU'LL NEED TO KNOW
- Some limited travel may be required.
- The role is based in a heavy industrial environment.