Process Technician Team Leader
Starlim North America is a global leader in the manufacturing of silicone parts specializing in custom Liquid Silicone Rubber molding for health care and automotive industries.
Located in London since 2004, our Austrian mother company has been expanding world-wide since 1974. Our proprietary, fully automated, world-class technologies and high quality products, combined with creative, continuous improvement and lean manufacturing technologies allow us to deliver high quality products.
- Leadership of applications engineering department to ensure the safe and efficient operation of injection molding processes to support the production work schedule
- Training and development of applications department staff and best practices with a focus on safety, employee engagement and continuous improvement
- Becoming a vital part of the organization with a focus on maintaining a high standard to meet internal/external customer requirements
- Ensure all tasks are completed safely, accurately, efficiently and promptly
We require a Process Technician Team Leader who will be responsible for:
- Manage daily operations and work assignments of the team to support the production schedule
- Lead and support team in troubleshooting and optimizing injection molding processes on new and existing tooling with an emphasis on zero defects and meeting customer requirements
- Oversee process improvements to reduce scrap and improve cycle times
- Support department manager with hiring, onboarding and training of new team members
- Team development responsibilities with coaching and performance reviews
- Instruct staff on assembly of injection molds and fine adjustments to tooling, automation and robotics to ensure proper startup
- Assist team members to setup new molds, change inserts, seals and bearings
- In cooperation with OTS & TDTS, coordinate maintenance planning for tools, auxillary equipment and machines as required
- Compile data and analyze past and current information in order to troubleshoot, optimize and continuously improve all injection molding processes
- Establish and follow action plans for processes out of range
- Develop systems and methodologies to improve overall molding operational capabilities; mold maintenance, process monitoring, equipment maintenance, etc.
- Conduct trials and apply statistical techniques to improve existing molding processes
Do you have?
- Education: College Diploma plus apprenticeship or equivalent
- Professional Experience: 3 - 5 years’ experience in operating fully automatic injection molding operation
- Leadership experience in supervisor role with direct reports in a manufacturing operation
- Ability to effectively coach, manage and support team members
- Advanced knowledge of injection molding equipment, tooling, processes and silicone or thermoplastic materials in the context of a high volume manufacturing operation
- Language: English
- Understanding of health and safety procedures in a manufacturing environment
Successful Candidates will also have:
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Great interpersonal and leadership skills
- Effective Planning and organizational skills
- Strategic thinker with the ability to develop and implement solutions
- Excellent manufacturing knowledge and technical understanding
- Ability to operate Engel injection Molding Machines
- Ability to read technical drawings and specifications
- Understanding of LSR and plastic material properties as it relates to injection molding process
- Understanding of LSR and plastic mold design
- Understanding of SQE tools (8D, FMEA, DFMEA, DOE, APQP, DVP&R, DFMA etc.)
- Proficiency is Microsoft Office programs like Word, PowerPoint, and Excel
- Must be able to distinguish between colours
- Attention to detail
- Hand-eye coordination
- Handling heavy loads
- Knowledge of German is an asset
- Must be able to work in shifts and weekends
If you have the required qualifications and would like to work in a growing, high tech, continuous improvement environment, please apply here with your resume and cover letter. Starlim is an equal employment opportunity employer and offer a competitive salary and benefit package. Candidates must be legally employable in Canada to be considered for employment.
Starlim North America is committed to providing accommodations. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs. We thank all applicants for their interest, only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
Apply for This Job