This posting has expired and applications are no longer being received and this job does not show up on the main job list.
||Jan 19, 2022
3M is seeking a Production Supervisor for its Manufacturing team located in London, ON. The successful candidate will make an impact by leading a team of operators and support staff in a fast-paced environment, talking responsibility for safety, engagement, quality, service, cost and productivity.
To set you up for success in this role from Day 1, 3M requires (at minimum) the following qualifications
- Train and develop each department member through coaching, leadership, and effective performance management to enhance and improve business results
- Lead a team of operators, following a shift rotation
- Liaise with other supervisors, leaders, and support personnel to optimize plant and department performance in line with tactical and strategic plans
- Support and understand Lean Six Sigma concepts and principles
- Actively lead and participate in kaizen events and improvement teams to reduce all forms of waste and improve the manufacturing efficiencies
- Prepare production summaries and downtime reports
Additional qualifications that could help you succeed even further in this role include:
- Post-secondary education
- 2 years of manufacturing experience
Travel: In this role, you will be required to travel less than 5% of the time, which may involve overnight stays. A valid driver’s license is required.
Relocation: Not authorized
What We Offer:
- University degree in Engineering
- LEAN/Six Sigma experience
- Leadership/supervisory experience an asset
- Strong self-motivation and communication skills
- Experience in a unionized environment is an asset
APPLY HERE: Production Supervisor
3M Canada welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
We work to reflect the diversity of our global customers, suppliers and channel partners, and build on each individual employee’s abilities.
At 3M, we know that inclusion is the key to unlocking the power of our diversity. An inclusive culture is one that supports and appreciates differences, and provides fair and equal opportunities for everyone. It’s a place where people realize they are respected for their whole and unique selves, and that they belong. Inclusion leads to engagement, which in turn fosters the collaboration, creativity and innovation that drive long-term growth – for 3M as well as for our people and our teams.
- Comprehensive Benefit Plan, RSP plan, Stock Purchase Plan, Incentive Plan, and Defined Contribution Pension Plan
- Paid time off over the winter holidays
- Health & Wellness subsidies
- Individual Development Plan and Tuition Reimbursement Program