SLEEGERS Engineered Products Inc. is a leading North American supplier of engineered solutions for the pressure vessel and propane industries. We design and manufacture a variety of products including propane motor fuel tanks, commercial and industrial pressure vessels, and automated propane cylinder vending kiosks. We also provide engineering services to the LPG industry.
Founded in 1963 and based in London, Ontario, we are proud to have assembled a diverse team that unites highly skilled fabrication skill sets with innovative engineering professionals to produce exceptional products for our target marketplaces. We are a rapidly growing company serving specialized marketplaces in Canada and the USA.
We are recruiting a Mechanical Engineer to join our Engineering Services team to help support growth and development of the propane industry in North America, including the Caribbean. In this role the successful candidate will focus on designing processes and piping systems, defining procurement specifications, delivering design packages for bidding and construction, and providing overall support to the team. The main duties will include:
- Develop CAD engineering designs, drawings, and specifications for industrial facilities
- Develop PFD, P&ID, piping isometrics, equipment and instrument specification, engineering quotation requests, hydraulic system calculations and storage/handling design
- Support in the preparation of engineering documents and regulatory applications
- Assist in the preparation of cost and material estimates, project schedules, and reports
- Conduct project management and construction management duties
- Aid in the development and continuous improvement of our engineering services team
The Ideal Candidate
- 4+ more years’ experience in mechanical engineering
- Experience in industrial plant and piping design, considered an asset
- Mechanical degree or equivalent education, P. Eng. designation with PEO preferred
- Is highly competent in 2D drawing in AutoCAD with experience preparing layout drawings
- Working knowledge of CSA codes and standards
- Demonstrated ability to influence without authority
- Knowledge of the French language is considered an asset.
- Competitive compensation package; salary is commensurate with experience
- Opportunity for growth and advancement within SLEEGERS
- Comprehensive health and dental benefit plans
- Retirement plan with employee-employer matched contributions
- Training and development opportunities available to enhance your skill set
SLEEGERS is committed to providing a barrier-free environment and promoting independence, dignity, integration, and equal opportunities for persons with disabilities. Accommodations are available, upon request, for candidates taking part in all aspects of the recruitment and selection process