As a member of our Science & Technology team, you will perform and assist in the experiments undertaken to assess the dose and delivery characteristics of medical aerosol delivery devices.
- Develop performance and failure analysis data for developmental, quality assurance, regulatory and marketing purposes by evaluating devices, i.e. devices in development, devices in the market, and competitor devices
- Meet customer demands and business objectives by performing aerosol laboratory tests and experiments
- Improve the capability of in-vitro measurement techniques and processes operated by the laboratory by performing additional experimental tests as required; this may require research on related industry methods and/or developing new techniques for process improvements
- Ensure accuracy of data and thoroughness of findings using statistical techniques to validate results
Process Compliance and Documentation
- Ensure that work is completed according to standardized protocols in consultation with those requesting the work
- Ensure accuracy and thoroughness of work by maintaining neat and complete laboratory logbooks, and electronic files.
- Ensure efficient lab operation, e.g., by doing regular inventory on lab supplies, and maintenance on equipment as required
- Ensure a safe, clean, and professional lab environment, e.g., cleaned and stored glassware and instruments
- Ensure that measurement equipment is calibrated according to Standard Operating Procedures
Health and Safety
- Comply with relevant health and safety legislation, including the Workplace Safety and Insurance Act, the Occupational Health and Safety Act, etc.
- Degree or Diploma in science or in Laboratory Technician, Chemistry, Pharmacy, or a related field of study
- 1-3 years of experience in pharmaceutical laboratory environment
- Ability to use analytical instruments, especially HPLC, spectrophotometers and various particle sizing instruments
- Computer literate with:
- Intermediate to advanced experience in MS Office applications
- Basic to intermediate experience with ChemStation or equivalent
- Good numerical skills relating to the accurate manipulation of measured data is essential
- Good oral and written communications skills with the ability to follow written or verbal instructions
- Willingness to undertake routine work, sometimes under considerable time pressure
- Good interpersonal skills with the ability to work independently
At an applicant’s request, TMI will make accommodation to its recruitment process to meet the needs of applicants with disabilities.
If you interested in this employment opportunity, please apply through LinkedIn
At the applicant's request, TMI will make accommodation to its recruitment process to meet the needs of applicants with disabilities.
Please send your résumé only once per position.
Résumés will be accepted throughout the process, but only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
TMI is an equal opportunity employer.
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest in joining our team.