The Packaging Supervisor role reports to the Operations Manager, Packaging
Reporting to the Operations Manager, Packaging, the Production Supervisor is responsible for leading and coaching a production team and ensuring the efficient operation of manufacturing to meet and exceed organizational objectives related to performance, quality, and customer requirements.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Meet daily production objectives and manage each shift with respect to production efficiencies, effectively utilizing corporate resources, labor, equipment and materials
- Supervise a team of hourly employees involving a high level of engagement with team members
- Meet daily and long-term safety, quality, efficiency, and cost objectives.
- Ensure regulatory compliance with respect to GMP and ensure compliance with respect to companies SOP’s (Standard Operation Procedures)
- Ensure the implementation of quality procedures, health and safety initiatives and promote productivity improvements
- Resolve technical problems that arise and coordinate line changeovers.
- Maintain safety, health and environmental procedures. Identify, investigate, correct and document potential environmental and safety problems.
- Track metrics around cost, compliance, and efficiency and recommend measures to improve productivity and product quality
- Schedule resources including manpower, machinery, and materials to meet or exceed budget requirements
- Investigate and document non-conformances leading to identify the root cause and then assigning and implementing an effective corrective action
- Degree required
- Certificate or other formal qualification awarded based on completion of a course in a Life Sciences related field
- 3+ years of relevant practical experience in a supervisory role
- Experience working in a manufacturing, pharmaceutical and/or GMP facility an asset.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and organizational skills
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
While performing the responsibilities of the job, these work environment characteristics are representative of the environment the employee will encounter. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable people with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to high. Hearing protection required in designated areas.
Catalent offers rewarding opportunities to further your career! Join the global drug development and delivery leader and help us bring over 7,000 life-saving and life-enhancing products to patients around the world. Catalent is an exciting and growing international company where employees work directly with pharma, biopharma and consumer health companies of all sizes to advance new medicines from early development to clinical trials and to the market. Catalent produces more than 70 billion doses per year, and each one will be used by someone who is counting on us. Join us in making a difference.
Catalent is committed to the health and safety of its employees, visitors and the customers and patients we serve. As a result of the global pandemic, we have modified many of our recruitment and on-boarding processes to maintain everyone’s safety. The Human Resources teams will communicate all necessary safety processes and procedures throughout each stage.
personal initiative. dynamic pace. meaningful work.
Visit Catalent Careers to explore career opportunities.
Catalent is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate based on any characteristic protected by local law.
If you require reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process due to a disability, you may submit your request by sending an email, and confirming your request for an accommodation and include the job number, title and location to DisabilityAccommodations@catalent.com. This option is reserved for individuals who require accommodation due to a disability. Information received will be processed by a U.S. Catalent employee and then routed to a local recruiter who will provide assistance to ensure appropriate consideration in the application or hiring process.
Notice to Agency and Search Firm Representatives: Catalent Pharma Solutions (Catalent) is not accepting unsolicited resumes from agencies and/or search firms for this job posting. Resumes submitted to any Catalent employee by a third party agency and/or search firm without a valid written & signed search agreement, will become the sole property of Catalent. No fee will be paid if a candidate is hired for this position as a result of an unsolicited agency or search firm referral. Thank you.