Engineering Project Management
At General Dynamics Land Systems we put our Customers at the centre of everything we do. Our commitment to protect and enable the people who serve drives us to develop products and systems that give them a clear advantage for mission success. We are looking for passionate individuals to help us deliver innovative, unique solutions to our Customers.
- Support Engineering, Development & Technology (ED&T) planning, process implementation, process control, and project tailoring.
- Support Earned Value Management and project reporting for all ED&T activities throughout the execution of all projects and programs.
- Collaborate with Finance/Scheduling and Program to develop ED&T Integrated Master Schedules using input from Cost Account Managers (CAMs) and Project Engineers.
- Initiate corrective actions and Continuous Improvement initiatives as identified.
- Assist Project Engineering and ED&T CAMs with Project Management activities including monitoring and achieving cost, schedule and performance targets.
- Lead, coordinate, provide guidance to CAMs and submit ED&T monthly status updates to Finance/Scheduling on all ED&T tasks/material.
- Create and manage Engineering Release Plans with input from all stakeholders. Produce metrics, report on performance and manage advanced material procurement.
- Initiate, create and monitor Baseline Change Requests – consolidate schedule changes, cost implications, justification and assumptions from all stakeholders.
- Lead yearly Innovation, Research and Design financial planning and reporting, month end status, manpower projections and metrics tracking and reporting.
- Support and manage other activities such as the Baseline Execution Index, Key Deliverable Requirements, ED&T Scientific Research and Experimental Development program, etc.
- University Degree or College Diploma
- Minimum 3-5 years’ experience in project management
- Knowledge of Earned Value Management techniques and requirements
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft applications including Word, Excel, Access and Project. Excel knowledge to include pivot tables and look up formulas
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Able to work effectively with others with minimal supervision
- Proven ability to work independently, meet deadlines, and adapt to changing business needs
- PMP Certification
- Knowledge of Open Plan
General Dynamics Land Systems – Canada is an employment equity employer who values diversity and inclusion. We are committed to providing accommodations for persons with disabilities. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.
It is a requirement that General Dynamics Land Systems - Canada be registered with the Canadian Controlled Goods Program and that all of its workforce be security assessed. As such, successful applicants must meet all applicable security requirements, including, but not limited to, the ability to obtain and maintain a Canadian government security clearance to secret level.