The Original Cakerie Ltd. is one of five premium dessert manufacturing companies owned by Bain Capital managed by Dessert Holdings. We are a rapidly growing company comprised of The Original Cakerie Ltd. (London, ON and Delta, BC), Lawler’s Desserts (Houston, TX), Atlanta Cheesecake Company (Atlanta, GA), Stephen Charles (Aurora, CO and Pembroke, NC), and Dianne’s Fine Desserts (Newburyport, MA and Le Center, MN). We are poised for continued growth by bringing high quality products to both retail grocery and food service across North America. Led by a senior team with strong company pedigrees and experience driving improvement, we have exciting opportunities to be a part of this high performance, growth-focused organization.
We are currently looking for "A" shift and "C" shift Full Time Sanitation personnel to join our team in our London ON facility.
Responsibilities & Duties:
- Daily performance of sanitation duties including cleaning and sanitizing throughout the plant in all production areas - dismantling, cleaning, and sanitizing processing equipment
- Sanitation and housekeeping functions throughout the plant including wastewater treatment, garbage, spiral freezer, and clean in place (CIP)
- Working both inside and outside the plant
- Understanding the principles of the master cleaning schedule, dispensing of chemical cleaning solutions, meeting quality control guidelines, and following department procedures
- Identifying equipment problems and working cooperatively with maintenance and set-up
- Communicating effectively with other departments to work together to achieve organizational goals
- Ability to work with all chemical cleaning agents including fungicides and possible insecticides.
- Excellent attendance record, demonstrating reliability.
- Strong initiative to achieve results.
- Ability to perform some heavy lifting, climb stairs, navigate around manufacturing equipment, and work with a sense of urgency.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills; a team player.
- Ability to work with limited or no supervision.
- Scissor lift experience preferred
- Required to be available for a minimum of six shifts per week from Monday to Saturday, with Saturdays being a regularly required shift
- Desire more hours? Increase your availability
- A shift & C shift run for 8 hours with a 30-minute break added
- Shifts are scheduled Monday through Saturday and 8.5 hours in length
- Schedules are posted 2 weeks in advance
- Start times could be different every day, A-Shift start times are between 1:00 am - 6:00 am & C-Shift start times are between 5:00pm - 10:00pm
What We Offer
Pay rate: $19.78/hr during 70 shifts probationary period
After probationary period full rate will be $21.98/hr
This position offers extended health benefits, as well as company contribution pension plan
We thank you in advance for your interest in The Original Cakerie. Due to volume, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Please note: On the spot interviews are not currently happening. Please apply online on our website and you will be contacted within 3 business days if shortlisted.
Lawler Foods is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It is our policy to abide by all federal and state laws prohibiting employment discrimination; therefore, Lawler Foods does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, age, religion, national origin, military status, pregnancy, or disability or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state and local antidiscrimincation laws.