Production Lead Hand
Who We Are
At Unbun Foods we put our passion into creating innovative, better-for-you bakery products. Founded in early 2018, the Company has grown to over 3,500 locations in both Canada and in the US. Our mission is simple: to give people that follow low-carb, paleo, gluten-free, grain-free and plant-based diets the option to still enjoy their favourite restaurants, chains, fast food and meals at home without compromising taste or quality of dining experience.
We are currently looking for an energetic Production Lead Hand who can keep up with a challenging and dynamic work environment. The Production lead hand contributes to the success of Unbun to meet customer needs and achieve production standards.
- Control and manage equipment to mix, weigh and batch ingredients according to prescribed recipes and procedures
- Work efficiently and safely on the front of the production line
- Operate and monitor ovens to prepare baked goods
- Manually package baked goods and products according to food safety standards
- Check products and packages for basic quality defects
- Maintain hygiene, quality and safety standards
- Leading production employees to achieve performance standards with regards to Good Manufacturing Practices, HACCP, safety, quality and morale
- Oversees and assures facility equipment reliability to minimize downtime
- Aligns team with production objectives
- Develops others by training employees
- Other duties as assigned
- 2+ years of work experience in a manufacturing and supervisory position required
- Strong employee relations, interpersonal and verbal/written communication skills
- Must be able to read, write and speak English fluently
- Demonstrated computer proficiency skills: Word, Excel and Microsoft Office
- Demonstrated ability to function successfully in a fast paced, changing work environment.
- An unstoppable work ethic
- A love for better-for-you and natural products
- Optimistic, positive attitude, and solution oriented
- Able to meet the physical demands of the job
- Reliable transportation and an excellent attendance record
Hours of Work and Conditions
- Factory setting
- Sitting, standing, leaning for extended periods of time
- Pushing, pulling or bending frequently
- Lifting up to 25lbs
- Up to 40 hours per week. Shifts to be determined based on need and agreement with Unbun Foods.
Wage & Benefits
- Starting at $19.00 per hour
- Paid Vacation
- Group Health Benefits
- $100 Safety Shoe/Boot Allowance Annually
- Healthy Snacks & Unbun Products
Unbun Foods is an equal opportunity employer. Should you require accommodation through the recruitment process, please notify us.
We thank you for your interest, but only qualified candidates will be contacted.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: From $19.00 per hour
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- On-site parking
- 10 hour shift
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Morning shift
- No weekends
- What do you know about Unbun Foods?
- Why are you interested in this role?
- What are your wage expectations?
- Are you able to meet all the requirements of the role (sitting, standing, lifting)?
- Do you have reliable access to transportation to Unbun's location?
- Are you legally entitled to work in Canada?
- When would you be available to begin work?
- Why did you leave your last role/why are you looking to leave your current role?
- Do the shift times of 6:00am to 4:30pm or 8:30am to 7:00pm, Monday to Thursday work for you?
- How many years of Lead Hand or supervisory experience do you have?
- Food Handling: 1 year (preferred)
- Production: 1 year (preferred)
Work Location: One location